rifle at 17?

Tomm

hello. i would like to know the chances of me getting granted a rifle at the age of 17, i have held shotgun cert for 2 years and have got about 2500 acers of land split over 2 farms that i have written permission to shoot on, the farmer who is a friend of mine said he will allow me to shoot a rifle on it and the land has allready been granted for up to a .308 cal rifle authough now i will be the only shooter, i would like to know the chances of me getting either a .17hmr for rabbits and fox or a .223, fox is the main problem on the land but i am aware that less foxes means more rabbits so in the future i will need to control them too

thanks

Tom

iv heard of under 18's with .22 but you need acompanied in public by a over 21. you cant purchase ammo or gun :sly:

i was going to get .22 but it was that must hastle the gun just got put on my dads and he uses it now and i have odd plink just waiting till im 18 :yp:

id say ring feo and he/she can give you a more accurate answer

I Got my first rifle when I was 18. I lived in the town and had only 100 acres to shoot on. Land was inspected and everything was ok and got my 17hmr 5months later. This was in Northern Ireland and it was really difficult to get a rifle here at that time. You should have no problem though firearms licencing seems to work a little different over there. I havn't seen a firearms officer in nearly 10 years. Had 3-4 variations a renewal and moved house 3 times?

Edited by woodcock1