fuds

hi all anyone ever used fuds are thay any good thinking of trying some advice please.

they are good but they work best on short crops because they have a short steak compared to shells they also take a little longer than shells to set up appart from that they are good ! look very realistic and can make em to be feeder or head up decoys.......

FUDS,= *******, useless, decoying ,scrap :rolleyes:

look good when new and in the box, after a month or regular use the plastic poppers that hold the two parts together either fall out or break of, in strong wind the heads drop down, the bright red spike is too short, look **** when wet,

apart from the above there great and well over priced :good:

FUDS,= *******, useless, decoying ,scrap :rolleyes:

look good when new and in the box, after a month or regular use the plastic poppers that hold the two parts together either fall out or break of, in strong wind the heads drop down, the bright red spike is too short, look **** when wet,

apart from the above there great and well over priced :good:

So what your saying is the dozen the wife got me for crimbo was money well spent lol

atb Jim

FUDS work as decoys no problem but I have modified mine.

I Cut the metalwork away , made pegs with spreaders to fit them and also to use the dippa peckers and spring pegs on them , they all work but realy i bought them and chopped them up to suit what I need and want, what I did was fussy and with a little cost but now i have a very compact and versatile set of decoys.

Buy shells if you want out of the packet ease of use.

will last mate ............... if you use um twice a year mate, im not impressed, i may have just got a friday afternoon batch lol :lol: :lol:

I feel a meet up to compare FUDS is on the cards.

I must admit though at face value they look really good but have no feild experience of them yet.

atb Jim

Last winter i have lot of very big bags with the FUDS, because their heads and bodies are movable i find you have to get the balance right with them, to many body and head up and it will put panic into any incoming birds, same goes for too many heads down as it doesnt look right in nature.

we use about 60 birds set in two groups. all have been modified and now sit in any height crop, from sowing to top of rape. they turn in the wind like silosocks and they bounce in the wind. a lot of work but well worth it and now very light to carry. i will put some photos up when i get a chance.

Just to add, they are not shot proof. if you hit the plastic rivets that hold them together then they brake. spares are avalable from Andrew and NRA.

Edited by activeviii

had mine since sept 09 and still fine a little faded from when they were new but they have had a lot of use out in the elements,and pulled a lot of pigeons in also, and has been said by others and meself, you can take the spikes off then simply cut some dowel or bamboo cane to whatever lentgh you like and use these to gain more height