Anyone ever been friends with a Murderer or the like?

Boromir

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-15745429

This man Lee Foye was for a short time a friend of mine while in primary school, used to play with him during breaktime and sit next to him during class as well, luckily my mum who was the dinner lady didnt like him and told me to stay away in which I did.

Later on now in Secondary school(15 year olds) I was walking home and decided to stop by some swings at the playpark with a mate when he comes along well lets just say this wasnt a friendly encounter and a fight broke out dont know why but think it was because me and my mate went to a school that people thought was for boffins.

While in Prison he killed a sex offender yes great but dont look at him as a hero the reason why he was put in prison in the first place was that he knifed his girlfriend 46 times while her toddler was in the next room.

Some nasty people about and so glad that I listend to my Mum at the time else I could of been lead down a different route.

Edited by BFG

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew a bloke who did this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8120648.stm

It was my first job from school working behind a bar and he was a door man there, he like myself was a keen shooter and we used to idly chat about it, came across as a nice bloke (Everyone who knew him said the same)

Far as we ever found out she wanted to leave him so he strangled her :no: very sad story, tragic for her family :no:

Kevin Nunn, he used to be a rep from a supply company I used to deal with, small insignificant bloke his girl friend dumped him and rumour has it she playing around before they broke up, he killed her then dragged or carried her body up by a river and set fire to her, near Bury St Edmunds, 2005 I think, time just goes by!!!

Happy New Year

Alan

Here you go the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/6165688.stm

my ex's nephew beat the **** out of his brother in same bedroom with an army trenching shovel then went down stairs and set fire to the house to try and kill his entire family only to succeed killing his little sister and putting his brother in a wheel chair for life...

the bit i never understood was the parents spoke up for him and wanted him home as "he is still a part of our family and very much loved"

strange world

As a 16 year old I was working with a man "Herbert Archibald" he had only joined the company about 2 weeks before.

One morning at 3 am (bakers hours) he confessed to me that he had killed his wife and would I phone the police. I thought it was a joke and kept waiting for the punchline, I told him I would phone when the Foreman came in, we carried on working until 5 am, when the foreman arrived I reported what had been said. The foreman had been around the house the night before for a meal and told me I was stupid, and that Bert was joking, but then had a thought that he had not seen the wife. After discussion over a cup of tea I then phoned the police, who went to the house first, and then phoned back and asked me and the foreman to keep hold of Bert as it was true, he had also killed his baby. He was sent to Broadmoor for an indefinite period.

Next morning in the bakery on my own, every time the floor squeeked as the ovens warmed up I jumped out of my skin, even though I knew he was locked up, I placed my bike at the rear of the bakery ready to make a sharp exit in case he returned.

The foreman came in early that day to check I was OK, I heard the front door go and I was out the back on my bike before anyone could stop me, they had to send a van for me to bring me back to finish my days work, no mobiles etc in those days, did not have a phone at home either. (1964)

never been friends with a murderer,but a girl i was at school with got murdered by her step dad in a phone box on my road.and a bloke i knew got murdered by a nutter with an axe or might have been a machete,just round the corner from me.

Where do you live RED BEARD, Midsomer? I'd move if I were you, sounds too risky to stay.

Potter

Had a mate who killed his girlfriend 8 years ago had to sack him day before he did it, got 16 years she was 17,a little close to home daughters mate lived next door parents still do so cant say to much,she gets out next thurs after 6month she never deserved wot she got trust me on that the lad was a scumbag, on the up side I worked with two lottery winners both got over two mill,

Edited by imissalot

I don't know anyone personally who has been charged with murder. I do know a chap who get sent down for manslaughter. That was a thoroughly unlucky night for him as in my mind he did nothing wrong. I think he got eight years but he's out now, back with his wife and they have a young daughter so he's free to carry on his life.

My step mother was good friends with one of Fred West's daughters - used to be round his house most evenings after school. It's a frightening thought.

I have never been friends with any but have arrested a few. One chap got disturbed while out burgling and beat a bloke to death and nearly killed another. Another chap beat his dad to death and was sat in his neighbours kitchen saying "I've killed me dad".

2 got convicted of a very nasty robbery/murder last week. I nicked both a few years back for other stuff and it turned into a bit of a street fight. I got head locked by one so he got head butted and sprayed.

Harry

Christopher Craig, the guy who shot the copper in the famous Let Him Have It case, made into a film of the same name, lives round the corner to me. My mate Russ sold him his car when he imagrated to New Zealand ( with the leaving line at Heathrow, seeing all the Asians, ' That's why I am leaving this country, all the immigrants !', with NO sense of irony.

Just before Russ moved he had a party, cannot remember if I was introduced then or just after to Christophe Craig, chatted and do have to say, if you did not know what he had done , he seemed an OK guy.

I knew identical twins 'bret and jordan francies' from Oldham who murderd 'ammy kahn' a drug dealer who refused to pay 12k he owed. They shot him on his doorstep then drove to Runcorn tried to overdose,slashed thier wrists and jumped into a river. Someone had seen them jump in and rang the emergency services. Both got minimum 28 years in court.

Most of us didn't even know they were involved with drugs till this all came out.

http://ruislip.uxbridgegazette.co.uk/2011/03/cab-driver-stabbed-in-row-with.html

These lads were in the year below me at school. As far as I know the cab driver is still a vegetable but I occasionally see some of the lads in the local or at the gym, no idea if they are on bail or let off. Only know them to say hello and never really had an extended conversation with any of them.

If you were to own a pictionary and look up the word 'chav' these chaps would be there smiling. Cretins.

I went to school with a bloke called Bobby McGill who got murdered in some sort of gangland reprisal. General view was he had it coming big time. We used to go to a youth club in our teens. My mate Steve used to talk to a kid called Claude Thompson. One day we opened the local paper and found he had been sentenced for killing somebody with a rifle during a robbery.

I don't know anyone personally who has been charged with murder. I do know a chap who get sent down for manslaughter. That was a thoroughly unlucky night for him as in my mind he did nothing wrong. I think he got eight years but he's out now, back with his wife and they have a young daughter so he's free to carry on his life.

My step mother was good friends with one of Fred West's daughters - used to be round his house most evenings after school. It's a frightening thought.

I too drink with someone who did time for manslaughter, killed someone in a fight years and years ago.

A lot of years ago my sister wwas going out with a bloke who was seperated from his wife;amicably as far as my sister was aware.She was still going out with him when we were all sat at home one night watching TV when there was a knock on the door.It was CID who wanted to question my sister in relation to her boyfriend.It transpired that earlier in the evening her boyfriend had stepped out in front of his wifes car as she left her new fellahs house and fired a shotgun through the windscreen,killing her on the spot!

One of the lads at work has a brother who has a reputation for being a hard nut;once got beaten up by a few enemies he'd made,so went home for a kitchen knife and stabbed one of them to death.He got the wrong bloke;the man he killed wasn't involved!Was sentenced to 18 years,served half,and on the day of his release went to the pub he knew the dead mans family frequented and sat across the other side of the room with a pint just staring at them....'til the Police arrived.Straight back in for 18 months;now works on the motorways.

my mate lenny went down for murder...got into an argument walking home from work this bloke started hitting him,knocked him to the floor,he then picked up a paving flag and tried to hit him in the head,lenny was a gardener and always carried a small knife,he pulled the knife out ,as the bloke was kneeling over him holding the paving flag in both hands lenny stabbed him in the stomach and killed him.

self defence plea didnt work and he ended up in strangeways.

mikky