Anyone ever been friends with a Murderer or the like?

Boromir

Hi All

I was stood in the guardroom in Soest in Germany in the 80s when one of the lads in my squadron walked in, cocked a browning 9mm and said you won't grass me up again and blew the provost lcpl away with one shot middle of chest.After the army i did 25yrs as a prison officer and met quite a few, one or two are actually quite nice people

Geordie

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2! One of my Dad's mates who lived in Chadwell flats came home early one day and as he opened the front door heard humpy noises coming from the lounge. He walked straight past them (they were clearly having a good time as they didnt see him) walked into the bedroom, took his shotty out of the cupboard lobbed in 2 game loads walked up to his wife who was underneath a man, stuck the gun in her mouth and gave her both barrells!! Then called my Dad!!

Hes got 4 years for diminished responsibility and was out in 18 months.

The second was a near miss, when i was a teenager I worked as a waiter in a fish restaurant in Grays called Mumfords.There was a geezer bird there that wore a sovriegn on at least 3 fingers on each hand and looked more butch than most of the blokes on PW!! One night I was cleaning the grill up a ladder after the shop had closed and she tipped me off the ladder, she seemed to be spoiling for a fight, previously I had never had a problem with her. As we were all leaving i said goodnight to the boss, walked out the back of the restaurant putting on my crash helmet as i walked out of the door, lucky i did as she lamped me one about 3 feet later, I can honestly say i have never been hit so hard before or since. I tried to talk reason to her but she was mental she split my lip and nose through the viser, i gave her enough warnings to stop but she didnt, i then saw my beloved fs1e laying batterred on the floor, the red mist took hold, I took off the skidlid and lamped her back knocking her out.

I grabbed my bike and drove to the police station, a to tell them what she had done and b, to cover myself. The cop on the desk was a woman and went into one that I had hit a "woman" even in self defence, she kicked off at me and a male joined in, the sargent then came out to see what all the shouting was about and asked me her name, as soon as I said it they all shut up and he told me not to worry about it, she gets severe PMT and beats at least one bloke up every month at the wrong time of the month and told me to go. As i walked away he noticed blood pouring from my hand and called me back.........I had a tooth embeded under the skin on my index finger.....talk about vomit, he popped it out and called my Dad to come and get me because the bikes lights were bust.

Cut a long story a bit shorter, i ended up having a tetanus and stitches and no charges were ever brought against me by her ( I threw the tooth away!!)

The long story was building up to the following month, when she picked a fight with her brother-in-law who was a big lad, but unfortunately for him he hadnt figured on her cleaving his skull in half with a fire poker!!!!!

I had a very lucky escape, i reckon If I hadnt ko'd her Id have been in deeeeeeep ****!!!

She went down for life, but you can Imagine my horror when i was in Greggs the other day and 2 really really butch lessers were in the queue in front of me, the scariest one looked familiar....and it was her, as she walked out she looked staright at me and gave one of those " Dont I know you looks?" I just tried to look inconspicuos and small :blush:

Edited by Evil Elvis

Hhmmmm , Where to start.....?

Has a distance family member do some time in the 70s for murder , long story but seems they killed a friend who was making a fuss over a will or something like that .

A guy who joined my Regt at the same time as me , was double manning a sanger in NI Londonderry , turns out they had a falling out , to put it mildly if you ask me? and he shot and killed the other guy .

Had a guy bleed to death in front of me while working the door of a night club , he was brought back to life in the back of an ambulance soon afterwards .

Met a chap from my Regt , who was currutly serving with the SF , the story I was told was that this fella was driving around NI , in civvys , alone , one night . Got stopped on the outskirts of the city by a IRA road block . Turns out this guy shot and killed 3-4 of the IRA members .

Seem to remember a murder/suicide at Hide ranges just before I joined up as well , Think the story went that some PTE felt he was being singled out by his PLT SGT , so shot him! ran away and hide in the ranges somewhere , and turned the pistol on himself .

Also remember a fella topped himself in the shower block weeks before I started my basic training , The guy didnt handle the stress of basic very well , and had a pretty **** home life to go back to while on leave , one of my muckers was issued with this guys gonk bag!!! a fact I always reminded him of , whenever we were on exerice .

Talking of suicides , Had a guy top himself in Tidworth while most of us were watching the boxing , He shot himself while the Provos were forcing the door open to get to him after hours of talking didnt workout .

My brother was double manning a sanger in NI , when the other guy with him was told that he wouldnt be going on leave in a weeks time , due to some **** up he had done , He turned to my brother and said , Im going to shoot myself , if you dont want to be here when I do it , you had been get out"

After spending 10 minutes trying to talk him out of it , my brother jumped throw a hatch in the ground , bypassing the ladder which lead to the floor , in pitch darness , a drop of some 20ft! and legged it to the Guardroom to imform them whats happening , A CPL went to the sanger to try to speak with the guy who was saying he was going to shoot himself . After around 10 minutes my brother heard the sound of a weapon being fired .

All the very best fellas .

Andy .

Easily done mate, who here has never had a fight ? All it takes it 1 hit and if they fall down or trip and bang there head out go the lights and your done for :look:

Thats so true , The main problem comes from when people are knocked out "Cold" while still on their feet , The action we all normally do of putting our hands out to break our fall dont kick in , and the head can "whip" into the ground making the fall much worse than normal .

All the very best fellas .

Andy .

I was at school with a lad who, later, caved the head in of some older man he was working for with a garden spade!

Seems he was gay and tried to 'convert' the lad.

Also taught in a special school, kids in care mostly but there was a secure block too and I taught murderers, rapists and most other sorts of villains.

Many were otherwise nice kids but there were some real head cases.

On the other hand, I also taught a lot of victims who had been sent off the rails by their experiences. I always found it harder to deal with these, more so than the 'bad' guys!

In my experience(28yrs) not all the villains are bad guys. Often victims of their own circumstances.

GH

Taught one murderer.

Taught one who was connected with a 'well-known' murder and was sentenced.

My mate 'Tattoo Bob' did time for manslaughter (awful miscarriage of justice), they didn't let him keep his piercings in prison, so he kept the holes open with matchsticks!

A mate committed suicide with a borrowed shottie, which I have used since.

Thought I'd well and truly **** out on this one but I've remembered that I know one.

When I got back from my sandwich year I was met in the car park by a good mate from my course. First thing he said was 'have you heard about X?'

I hadn't but it transpired that our mutual friend had got into a barney out side a club in Wales during his placement and caused the death of a Kiwi guy. He hit him and the poor bloke landed badly. X was allowed to return to college whilst the case was ongoing but he had to return home at the weekends to check in with the Hedlu and was under a strict curfew.

He took it well but he was racked with guilt. At the hearing the victims parents spoke up for X as they didn't want to perpetuate the misery of the event by seeing him go to prison. Very christian of them I thought.

I don't think he ever served anytime for the crime.

knew a lad who 2 nye ago, beat his missis up on the way home from the locals (he was barred locally.. bit of an idiot whos been inside most his life) and threw her infront of a taxi... he got off with it too because they couldnt prove it.

hes most likely locked up again as iv not seen him for a while.. best place for him.

My mate shared a flat with Colin Ireland use to go there for a cuppa etc,

The wifes cousin killed her wife beating drunk boyfriend with a stab to the heart she got 3yrs for it.

One of my best friends emigrated to south africa then killed his mrs with a base ball bat then topped himself in jail.

never been friends with a murderer,but a girl i was at school with got murdered by her step dad in a phone box on my road.and a bloke i knew got murdered by a nutter with an axe or might have been a machete,just round the corner from me.

Snap....A friend of mine from school got stabbed to death in his boxer shorts after being caught with a married woman by the husband...At clipstone if i remember right..

I was friends with a fella who was sent to prison for 11 years on the confession (coerced) of a man with the intellect of a 10 yr old.

he was part of what became know as the "Cardiff newsagent three"

They were eventually released and compensated, however, the courts wanted to stop several thousand pounds off each of them for what it would have cost them to live, had they not been in prison !!!!

I was sitting in the local pub chatting with a girl who lived a couple of doors away . An hour later her boyfriend shot her through the head with a crossbow infront of her 5 year old son . The boy managed to escape and came to the pub for help because he knew his grandad was there . Let's just say the linch mob got some payback .

The scumbag killed himself whilst on remand after pleading not guilty

My mate shared a flat with Colin Ireland use to go there for a cuppa etc,

The wifes cousin killed her wife beating drunk boyfriend with a stab to the heart she got 3yrs for it.

One of my best friends emigrated to south africa then killed his mrs with a base ball bat then topped himself in jail.

That would'nt have been black Linda would it ???