Anyone ever been friends with a Murderer or the like?

Boromir

I was friendly with Adrian Duggan with whom I also worked with.

Adrian really was a good lad and with our love of Rugby became good friends.He got married and had a daughter and everything seemed fine but things took a turn for the worst,he divorced which deep down cut him up a bit.After many years later he suddenly finished in work and somehow i lost all contact with him.I had heard a short time after that that he got involved in drugs

and obviously got in with the wrong crowd.

It was a massive shock to me when I learned from a Wales News programme that he'd apparently killed his girlfriend while they were on holiday in Goa,India.

I still can't believe it to this day that a really nice bloke turned out to be a murderer-I can't take it in!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked with this guy Years ago as a student >>Link<<

It didnt come as any great shock, nasty temper,suspicious all the time and generally not a nice bloke. He was always going to kill someone - honestly. He was a manager at a company I worked at for a short time, always telling people how He logged the mileage of His car so He knew if the wife had been out and not told Him etc. feel sorry for the kids as He took away there Mum and then did Himself in while in prison.

Edited by Devon Fox

I knew a lad at my old work place who later went on to beat to death an raf bandsman out for a few drinks with his mates in a town just up the road from where i was living. :no: he was a bit of a 'caveman' but didnt think he would do anything like that...

I also worked with and attended the wedding of (also bought my lakeland/border terrier from) a guy who shot his step daughter with a shottie before blowing his own brains out. He was a total nutter and i wasnt suprised to hear on the news about his "exploits"..

I too drink with someone who did time for manslaughter, killed someone in a fight years and years ago.

Makes three of us then. Started off as 6 of 1 and half a

Dozen of the other on some night club steps. he gave him a decent clip on the chin guy banged his head when he went over. My mate still says he got punched first and was acting in defence but try proving that. I was drinking with him for years before he told me.

Nick

Edited by hendersons

• 10 years later...

Was aquainted with a couple in their 30s. While in the middle of a divorce she had no money. She and a boyfriend took a box of husbands tools and sold them. 
    The husband went to their home and shot them both while in bed together. He said -and I believe- that he didn’t mind them shacking up but he couldn’t stand theives.

Up for 25 years, 15 years gone so should be out soon.

There were three teenagers, one has since had a wreck of a life.

Not a friend, but someone whom I came up against whilst I was a very junior accountant in the 1970s at Bowater Group in Knightsbridge was Malcolm Horsman, then joint group MD, who subsequently murdered his wife.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.casemine.com/judgement/uk/5b46f20d2c94e0775e7f15a2/amp&ved=2ahUKEwit8NiM_L_4AhUZ4RoKHdkVBksQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3rGb7gJ3HSFENTANT9Jljl

On 31/12/2011 at 10:51, onefulham said:

Christopher Craig, the guy who shot the copper in the famous Let Him Have It case, made into a film of the same name, lives round the corner to me. My mate Russ sold him his car when he imagrated to New Zealand ( with the leaving line at Heathrow, seeing all the Asians, ' That's why I am leaving this country, all the immigrants !', with NO sense of irony.

Just before Russ moved he had a party, cannot remember if I was introduced then or just after to Christophe Craig, chatted and do have to say, if you did not know what he had done , he seemed an OK guy.

That's my Great Uncle.

A bloke I worked with, years before all this happened. He was one of our sales reps. Good at his job but seemed a bit quiet. He lived with his dad although he was well into his 40s and could easily have afforded a place of his own.

We heard he killed his dad, beat him to death during some sort of nervous breakdown and ended up in Broadmoor.

Years of deep seated resentment apparently and it all became too much.

Just a sad story

During my school days when i was about 14 or so a lad i knew quite well Steve Sowerby,  as quiet and as nice a lad as you could ever wish to meet , did his dad in . Apparently the old man used to rule the house like a mentally deranged dictator ,handing out regular beatings to Steve and his mum .Steve had just about had his fill of this so he poisoned the old mans soup one night with some kind of weed killer . Not too sure what happened to him and mum afterwards, too young to be named in the papers etc and mum left the area.

19 hours ago, dogone said:

Was aquainted with a couple in their 30s. While in the middle of a divorce she had no money. She and a boyfriend took a box of husbands tools and sold them. 
    The husband went to their home and shot them both while in bed together. He said -and I believe- that he didn’t mind them shacking up but he couldn’t stand theives.

Up for 25 years, 15 years gone so should be out soon.

There were three teenagers, one has since had a wreck of a life.

10 years left before he can think about it. 

My father’s ex-business partner was found not guilty at a trial for killing a motorcyclist. Anyone who had ever been in a car with him (me included) knew he was almost certainly guilty. The most narcissistic, dangerous and selfish driver I have ever known. His only speed limit was ‘as fast as he could physically go’. He used to ‘drive differently with his son in the car’, pointed out that when he’s driving like a **** other people still have children in their cars. 

I had a drunken fight with a nasty ****** 20 odd years ago he knocked me cold with a cosh [still got the scar]  the following week he stabbed and killed a retired school teacher, a big regret is that i didn't report it to the police as he might have been off the street for a few days

Split up with my girlfriend in 2000 used to drink at a pub called the Chicago rock in Grantham met a guy in similar circumstances we drunk together for about 6 weeks most nights . Found out later that last week he had been shot on his doorstep with a webbly pistol using wadcutter bullets . 22 years later no one has been charged ! 

Guy broke into a guys house who lived on top of a mountain.  Held him at gun point and robbed the house.  The heft left and went down the mountain.  The home owner got his deer rifle and went to his back porch and waited for the guy to stop and the end of the road to look both ways to pull out. Bam. 400 yards through the back window of his truck.  Did 4 years.  

3 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Guy broke into a guys house who lived on top of a mountain.  Held him at gun point and robbed the house.  The heft left and went down the mountain.  The home owner got his deer rifle and went to his back porch and waited for the guy to stop and the end of the road to look both ways to pull out. Bam. 400 yards through the back window of his truck.  Did 4 years.  

The guy should have got a medal for crime prevention 👍.