semi auto

monkeyboots

i know there has been a few threads about what semi is best but id like to ask your advice, i have a urkia 391 that ive had for about 4 years trouble free shooting bar a odd jam now and again, but im in the notion of changing it, my local gun dealer will give me £500 for it plus ive £500 to spend along with it, so what gun should i be looking at or would i be better holding on to the 391 :hmm: just to add the gun will be used for all shooting rough/decoying/wildfowling

Well theres nothing wrong with a change if you fancy it. You do run the risk of not getting on with whatever you buy and missing your old gun though.

Any chance you can try a few of the usual suspects before purchase to see how they feel to you?

Any new Semi in the price range you are talking about 'should' be a decent gun but you will always find those that had a good experience and those that didn't.

When I was looking, I narrowed my choice to a 2nd hand 391 but couldn't find one close enough so then looked at a Franchi, an Xplor and various others but settled on a Maxus. It fit me and I'm more than happy with it.

I've a Maxus and I would swear by it for shooting everythin, I shoot clays and everythin else with it and it never misses a beat, I've know 3 people have bought one after shootin mine, If you get to any clay shoots comin up you're welcome to shoot mine to get the feel of it, they're light and fast handelin, NO recoil (we've shot mine with one hand) it has the Browning speed loader where you simply push the shells in underneath and it auto loads the breach, it's got a cut off too,5 Invector + chokes and one long 3" 1/2 choke for wild-fowlin the grd 3 with top quality walnut can be bought in McCloys for £1050, there's also a really nice carbon model that even has the barrels carbon coated so no worries about scratchin it in the bushes, they are so easily shot I can't recommend them enough.