Bunny BBQ

Mungler

Mungler, I have tried some Bunny Burgers i'll dig the link out for you.

Edit here it is: http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=14400

Heres the recipe I used, it was mostly guess work and turned out ok.

Lapin Hache d'Axe (Axe's Bunny Burger)

Ingredients

2 Rabbits

1lb Pork Belly

2 Large Onions

1 Large handful of chopped prunes

1 Tablespoon of paprika

2 Teaspoons of dried Rosemary

1 Large Handful of Suet

1 Large handful of bread crumbs

Salt & Pepper

Method

Finely chop and gently fry the onions until golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Fillet and mince the rabbits along with the pork belly. Add the cooled onions, prunes, paprika, rosemary, suet, salt, pepper and mix well, adding the breadcrumbs a little at a time to get the right consistency. If the mix is too dry add a little olive oil, if the mix is too wet add more breadcrumbs.

Taking a handful of the mixture gently pat round and flatten to create a 3/4 thick burger about 4 inches in diameter. This should make roughly 16-18 burgers. Leave in the fridge to set a little then cook on the BBQ or grill as you would any ordinary thick burger.

Place cooked burger in a bap or burger bun topped with the usual accompliments, add a sprinkling of friends and a good jug of Harveys Best real ale and savour the moment as you shout cheers and bite into the burger.

A few more ideas I am going to try next time:

Mexican Bunny Burger:

Replace the prunes with kidney beans and add a 1-2 teaspoons of chilli powder or cayenne pepper.

Indian Bunny Kofte:

Replace the prunes and paprika with chick peas and garam masala and add 2 teaspoons of cumin, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 1inch of grated ginger, 2 cloves of grated garlic

Mungler,

It is nice that you are putting a BBQ on for all the PW members after the Braintree clay shoot, You could use it as your victory celebration party :good:

Marinate some chunks of meat in a miture of matural yoghurt or creme fraiche with either red curry paste or peanut butter for a curry or satay version,

Leave in the marinade overnight, arrange on some bamboo skewers, and grill over hot coals for a few minutes.

Bunny burgers are another good choice and the Lapin Hache D'Axe seems as good a recipe as any. You need the belly pork to keep them moist.

Oh and another thing, don't tell your guests it is rabbit until after they have eaten. If you tell them before half probably won't touch it. My other half swore blind she would never eat rabbit until the rabbit stew came out and I told her it was chicken.

Cheers and Enjoy

Martin