Clay grounds in Lancashire

Shadowchaser

Hopefully 2012 will be the year when I knuckle down and get more clay shooting done.

I've been to Rishton and find it pleasent enough. I've been to Blackpool but find the targets on the whole

too difficult.

I was wondering what other grounds in the area can people recommend?

I've read some topics on here after searching but am looking for some more up to date information.

I see on Kelbrooks website that they have a 'blue' section for beginners/novices. This could be my cup of tea.

What about Manchester (Worsley), is that a good ground?

toplands, woodplumpton pr20ne every other sunday next shoot jan 8th 10 till 2.30 you will be made very welcome

there is also lupton crabtree farm la61pj on wed 11.00 till 4 & sat 11.00 till 4.00

hope this helps might see you at one of them

kelbrook & worsley are both good

Edited by MAL S

Manchester Clay Shooting Club (Worsley), Blackpool Gun Club and Coniston are all well worth a visit and very welcoming :yes:

Nick,

I'm not going to comment on how welcoming these grounds are but being Mr Pedantic only Blackpool G C is in Lancashire, the 1st is in Greater Manchester and the last one is in North Yorkshire!

Potter Esq.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As this question could so easily have been my own, I'm gonna hijack it! In the nicest possible sense.

@guerinirocks; when you say Andrew will sort you out a squad,.what does that mean? I'm really looking to get into clay shooting this year but am flying solo, so any help in getting started would be welcome.

@shadowchaser; could you now recommend any of these that have been recommended to you?

Thanks all.

Harmless,

Andrew runs all the events and day to day at Worsley, if you call up and explain that you want a bash as it were I am sure he can sort you out a taster session with an instructor at a reasonable price. He is a hell of a nice guy and very accomadating. If you do not have a SGC you will need an instructor or go with an SGC holder you know to get you started.

Newbies come to Worsley all the time and are always helped out to go out.

I cant recommend the guy enough. Andy will sort you out (Just dont mention his golf..... its awful)

Edited by guerinirocks

• 3 weeks later...

As this question could so easily have been my own, I'm gonna hijack it! In the nicest possible sense.

@guerinirocks; when you say Andrew will sort you out a squad,.what does that mean? I'm really looking to get into clay shooting this year but am flying solo, so any help in getting started would be welcome.

@shadowchaser; could you now recommend any of these that have been recommended to you?

Thanks all.

Edited by Shadowchaser