Manchester clay shooting

guerinirocks

No arguing from me just don't feel the need to slag off a business that doesn't provide what I want.

The club certainly didn't seem to need more customers over the holidays in fact a few less would have been welcome to the dozens of miserable twonks moaning about having to queue up at the odd stand. It seems to be the fashion to just moan about everything. Perhapse some would be better shooting on their own on top of a hill with their own trap. It couldn't possibly go wrong for them then. Could it?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading all this thread I'm afraid to say not much of it makes sence to me.

I shoot for enjoyment only and dont enter competitions so Worsley suits me just fine. I have always found the staff nothing but polite and accommodating and even had groundsmen running round the place looking for my lost membership card that I had left in a machine and that was without asking.

I can't remember the last time I took a score card round with me as they don't have a box for counting enjoyment, just boxes for how many hit.

I don't want to know the managers name or the trap setters or the owners. Nor do I need to know who owns the land or what toothpaste the cook uses.

All I can say is the ground does what I want it to do at a good price. If my local banana shop didn't give me an apple whenever I demanded one then I would go to an apple shop and wouldn't feel the need to slag the banana shop off for not supplying apples. Why is it then that so many return to worsley when you know they don't supply what you want.

Acid House,

If your lost card episode was on Boxing Day it was me who found you card in the machine & passed it onto the groundsman, small world isn't it.

Good post and agree with most of it but you are only coming at it from the non-competitive "clubman" shooter perspective and I think in an earlier thread I said that I thought you and the corporate/stag do sectors were well catered for at MCSC. As I said at the time I had issues with the reception there but I'll happily concede that plenty of others don't have this problem. Also the problems I had with empty traps might have been a unlucky but they were empty irrespective of your status, competitive shooter, clubman, raw beginner et al.

The majority of competition shooters who have shot the recent registered comps had issues (complaints) and I hope I speak for most if not all of those shooters who wish the new ground manager/course setter all the very best and are willing to give the place at least one more chance.

Your comments about banana & apple purchasing did lose me for a while but I think that MCSC is, in your analogy, a greengrocer's shop in so much as it has in the past tried to sell a bit of everything but wasn't very good at the high end stuff. With the new person in place perhaps, hopefully it will become the best damn greengrocer's in the country.

Mr Potter

Hear Hear Acid House. Well said. All shooters from those dressed as Borat and those head to toe in Tweed whether competing or laughing have a place and all should be served.

As a note I went to Worsley today to be rudely treated, interupted by instructors and loads of no birds.

And you wont believe it, five changed stands. Some with dramatic changes which were very welcome. A pleasant chat with an instructor on the practise stands (he says he has never taken a beginner or stag on the main layout). And shock of horrors!!!! Shot 130 birds including 100 on the card and I had three no birds. My partners had two and four respectively. And the staff said "Good Morning how are you".

Maybe everywhere needs a clean slate sometimes.

Perhaps some customers just expect too much. I have a chip shop over the road. It's very convenient but never stocks tinned baked beans and refuses to kiss my tush when I spend eighty p on a chip butty. I keep going back but it never changes. Just wait till I get on that chip shop forum later.

Acid house I'm with you on worsley, I shoot just for pleasure ( and practice) and I like the place. Sure there could be improvements but what shoot is perfect. The lady in the shop isn't the friendliest but some of the other staff are very friendly, mainly andy. I hope the new changes add to the overall experience but I doubt it will ever please everyone, though that's jus life

Acid House - if your analogy is correct, you need to take in to account that your chip shop wants to sell baked beans, rather than you buying them elsewhere, as with your banana shop wanting to sell apples.

You might be happy with shooters staying away. The Club does not share your view.

I'm sure we all wish them well and hope the moaning queues reduce. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am confused, is MCSC now a greengrocers ?

I wonder if they sell magic beans, I have been after some of those for a while now.

Anyway I shall be shooting 100 sporting bananas later on today at MCSC with my son. As i have always said it's ideal for that type of shooting. :)

Edited by timps

I am confused, is MCSC now a greengrocers ?

I wonder if they sell magic beans, I have been after some of those for a while now.

Anyway I shall be shooting 100 sporting bananas later on today at MCSC with my son. As i have always said it's ideal for that type of shooting. :)

Be careful of the simo radishes on stand 7. They need a lot more lead than you think <_<

The driven cumquats on stand 9 are straight over you now and also the low crosser on eight is a granny smiths not a golden delicious.

Timps i hope you share your views later as to how you go on.

I tell ya.......... Stand 8 took me by supprise today. There was me expecting the usual and that granny smith nearly span me into the ground. Qute a few Jerusalem artichokes as well made a nice change.

:)

Edited by Acid House

Well, the early evidence would seem to indicate that Phil is a grocer that put's his produce where his mouth is. Lot's of new comestibles on offer today and, three of us doing 100 sporting botanicals only managed to sniff out a half dozen bruised peaches.

I had the opportunity to have a brief chat with Phil as the Granny Smiths hurled across #8 and, it would seem that this is just a taster of what's to come. Pleasure to share a few words mate.

Fingers crossed, the winds of change will blow the cobwebs out of the competition calendar too.

Edited by Penfolio

I shot it today, was a bit disappointed that stand 1 and 2 were basically the same target, 2 just being pushed back another 10 yards or so, there were a large number of new targets compared to my last visit which was about a month ago, mostly using the same stands thou.

A good mixture of targets for all levels nothing silly or un-hittable.

Perfect for a bit of a knock about and a bit of banter with the guys. :good:

The driven cumquats on stand 9 are straight over you now and also the low crosser on eight is a granny smiths not a golden delicious.

Timps i hope you share your views later as to how you go on.

Well I went to MCSC today and as I walked in the reception I was greeted with hi Craig have you met Phil Moss yet he is the new ground manager.

I spent a bit of time talking to Phil and I liked what he had to say, so for friendliness and efficiency it was 10 out of 10 but then it’s always been that way there for me.

My sons passion is rugby so the shooting today is just a lad and dad fun day and MCSC has always been good for this.

We started off on the practice stands that Methuselah set up as these are ideal to get rid of the cobwebs and get him going for the main stands.

On the main stands we came across a few new stands and a couple that I have shot before. All good targets ranging in toughness and it was ideal for I wanted today which was my son and his best mate having fun. I was just spending the day getting them hitting as many different clays as I could so did not do much shooting myself but did shoot a couple on a few stands I fancied. I did decided to shoot stand 12 in its entirety and yep I did clear it. <_<:lol:

We shot over 250 clays today and would guess at 3 or 4 no birds so no complaints there.

The only criticism I have is they want to be the best damn greengrocer's in the country they really do need to sell more fruit and veg not a banana to be seen. :P :P

So I have had a top day with my lad and his mate, next week I am off shooting a registered shoot which will be a totally different but equally enjoyable day (hopefully :hmm:) . :good:

Well I went to MCSC today and as I walked in the reception I was greeted with hi Craig have you met Phil Moss yet he is the new ground manager.

I spent a bit of time talking to Phil and I liked what he had to say, so for friendliness and efficiency it was 10 out of 10 but then it’s always been that way there for me.

My sons passion is rugby so the shooting today is just a lad and dad fun day and MCSC has always been good for this.

We started off on the practice stands that Methuselah set up as these are ideal to get rid of the cobwebs and get him going for the main stands.

On the main stands we came across a few new stands and a couple that I have shot before. All good targets ranging in toughness and it was ideal for I wanted today which was my son and his best mate having fun. I was just spending the day getting them hitting as many different clays as I could so did not do much shooting myself but did shoot a couple on a few stands I fancied. I did decided to shoot stand 12 in its entirety and yep I did clear it. <_<:lol:

We shot over 250 clays today and would guess at 3 or 4 no birds so no complaints there.

The only criticism I have is they want to be the best damn greengrocer's in the country they really do need to sell more fruit and veg not a banana to be seen. :P :P

So I have had a top day with my lad and his mate, next week I am off shooting a registered shoot which will be a totally different but equally enjoyable day (hopefully :hmm:) . :good:

Nice one Phil, proving that the only way really IS ESSEX :P:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by ME

The only down side today was some big daft southerner wandering around in real tree trying to be over friendly. Doesn't he realise he is in Manchester. :)

Next thing we'll have hoards of miserable moaners shuffling around the place thinking their god just because they've bunged a tenner in for a score card.

It's ok I put a dog **** on the seat of his golf buggy.

Thanks for the comments........i dont need to be over friendly, thats what us SOUTHERNERS are here for.....trying & obviously succeeding in putting a smile back on your sad looking faces....LOL :good: :good:

Just read the posts on here, not bad since ive only been on the ground a month :P :P

Give me time & even YOU will be a happy chappy !!!! :yes: :yes:

As they say...The only way is ESSEX !!!! :D :D

Tell me more about this magical device you call a lighter, I have heard of such a device on my travels to the next shire in the horseless carriage. I do believe its something to do with fire, but as its always raining in Manchester we have nothing dry to burn so its a bit of a mystery to us....... <_<

Shhhhhhhh listen lads.........

For gods sakes don't make him too welcome otherwise the place'll be full of them and we'll have to give all our fifties to the mortgage company like they do. Now he was obviously dressing down today coz he still thinks we all race whippets etc but just you wait till one of us lets it slip none of us have rickets and the mills have all shut. We'll all be forking out for vegazzles ant't price of spray tan will go through't roof.

He did say that a low crossing Pie and Mash was on the cards for stand twelve!

I believe the jellied Eels high tower is put on hold as the eels have vertigo

As for the fifties will someone show me one. ??? I am not aware we were exchanging goods for bearer bonds and will still stick to exchanging sheep and chickens for my daily wares. Only last week I bartered three score of hens for an XBOX with COD on it.

The spray tan was much cheaper though, three whippets and a ferret pate.