Manchester clay shooting

guerinirocks

Thanks for the comments........i dont need to be over friendly, thats what us SOUTHERNERS are here for.....trying & obviously succeeding in putting a smile back on your sad looking faces....LOL :good: :good:

Just read the posts on here, not bad since ive only been on the ground a month :P :P

Give me time & even YOU will be a happy chappy !!!! :yes: :yes:

As they say...The only way is ESSEX !!!! :D :D

Phil, the day I see you step off your quad bike in white high heel stilettos I`ll know the only way is Essex :good::good::good:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I would throw a comment in. I was at MCSC on Wednesday with a friend first time back out this year. I haven't shot many places just A6 (closed down), Catton Hall and MCSC, but the reason I joined MSCS and enjoy going there is because of the people. I have honestly never met a nicer bunch of strangers willing to talk to me and even let me tag along with them for a round when I was alone.

Aside from that I love the variety still being relatively new it gives me a lot to try and improve on and I have no problem with the staff, Andy is always friendly (although busy) and normally when I go on a Wednesday the lady with the dark hair is always bubbly and willing to chat, so I never really feel uncomfortable there.

That is not to say I won't try other places, and I am hardly competitive so this might be a null point actually. In any case we shot 200 clays and not a single no bird. In fact a lot of them escaped totally unharmed ;-)

Phil has assured me that he will now be tending to the ground in very suitable Essex type attire.

he will from tomorrow arrive in his vehicle and it will be attired in suitable Essex livery.

>

Accompanying his new "Spray Tan teal" and "Canvey Island Crosser" will be Phils new Staff uniform which David, Andrew and all the staff will be wearing is this.

>

gentlemen its Jellied Eels and Pie and Mash at Wursley from Saturday geezer init!!

All orange clays will now be referred to as "Light Tan target"

Bleemey Blimey Blonkers eeez avin a larf

Welcome to the North Phil;

I was down at MCSC this afternoon shooting with a mate of mine Lee :yes: Credit where credit is due; Phil has already made some well thought out changes to the targets and the hundred bird round that i shot today was on par with the vast majority of the registered shoots i've done :yes: Nice to see some coloured clays being used against bleaker backgrounds and good to see some different parts of the ground being used too :good:

As for plans for registered shooting at MCSC in 2012; yes there will be some fixtures there, details of which will be announced in due course :good:

Had a good chat with David and Phil after i'd finished shooting and they are looking to implement some interesting changes for members in the future; all good and looking forward to being a part of things at MCSC :good:

Had a good chat with David and Phil after i'd finished shooting and they are looking to implement some interesting changes for members in the future; all good and looking forward to being a part of things at MCSC :good:

Nick

I am particularly excited by the lap dancing area and the stripper pole that is going in the New Shop. I have also heard that "Topless Ladies Flush" will be reintroduced and also the new sausage roll supplier sounds fab.

Onwards and upwards.

I was there again today putting in my first scored card for the 100 round (By the way what happened to the how well did we shoot today threads?) I enjoyed the stands but not sure who's idea it was to put a pheasant standing in the firing line on stand 10 (that was one brave bird) :-)

Well boys, all has been quite on this forum recently so thought I would just give some praise to Phil for his recent changes.

He has added some pretty challenging birds recently which seems to have reduced scores to more realistic levels (mine included)

Phil had a chat with several of the members on Saturday afternoon (me included) and was asking what WE felt would enhance our shooting experience and some good, constructive stuff came out of this.

Keep up the good work Phil, it seems Essex is gaining traction in Manchester :good:

Well boys, all has been quite on this forum recently so thought I would just give some praise to Phil for his recent changes.

He has added some pretty challenging birds recently which seems to have reduced scores to more realistic levels (mine included)

Phil had a chat with several of the members on Saturday afternoon (me included) and was asking what WE felt would enhance our shooting experience and some good, constructive stuff came out of this.

Keep up the good work Phil, it seems Essex is gaining traction in Manchester :good:

How long have you worked at MCSC :hmm: .......Just asking :D

I was there again today putting in my first scored card for the 100 round (By the way what happened to the how well did we shoot today threads?) I enjoyed the stands but not sure who's idea it was to put a pheasant standing in the firing line on stand 10 (that was one brave bird) :-)

It had clearly realised that the safest place was to stay firmly fixed to the ground. We were shooting that lower target about 2ft over it's head and it didn't budge. Just pecked away.

Went to Worsley this afternoon for a knockabout with NickyT, Canthitathing, Timps and Anni. Good laugh :lol:

Some quite nice targets there, probably has got a bit tougher than before, but nothing silly.

Don't think we were beaten by any of them, but one or two of them took a bit of finding :oops:

No trap breakdowns, very few no birds (hardly any in fact) :good: so credit where credit is due :)

Interesting to see some weird coloured clays, but I didn't like that Gaylordian pink thing <_<

More importantly, got some bitchmutha Gook peanuts from NickyT :o

058jj.jpg

**** my sock, these things should carry a government health warning. You just stuff a load, then after you've finished, it feels like your tongue has swelled to about five times it's size :oops: Some little green ******** mixed in with them, look like peppercorns, but they're not :sly:

Went to Worsley this afternoon for a knockabout with NickyT, Canthitathing, Timps and Anni. Good laugh :lol:

I think you find I was awesome, my first stand display was outstanding, I even stood next to you so you could bask in my glory.

I also shot 2 stands including the high tower left handed with convincing kills whilst eating bitchmutha Gook peanuts just because I can. <_<

Anyhow that’s enough about how awesome and modest I am, the targets were good, nice variety and colours with sod all no birds.

It was good fun day I can see myself going more on Wednesdays again now. :good:

Edited by timps

Some quite nice targets there, probably has got a bit tougher than before, but nothing silly.

Don't think we were beaten by any of them, but one or two of them took a bit of finding :oops:

No trap breakdowns, very few no birds (hardly any in fact) :good: so credit where credit is due :)

Interesting to see some weird coloured clays, but I didn't like that Gaylordian pink thing <_<

058jj.jpg

**** my sock, these things should carry a government health warning. You just stuff a load, then after you've finished, it feels like your tongue has swelled to about five times it's size :oops: Some little green ******** mixed in with them, look like peppercorns, but they're not :sly:

You'll know you've had them in the morning...better find yourself a day old chick to dab your **** with <_<

Azzurri

058jj.jpg

They were Niiiice :yes: Watch the bits at the bottom of the bag though :hmm: Jeeeeeeeeeeezzzzz some of them were HOT :blink:

GAYLORDIAN pink thing !!!, you mean the slow edge on to face showing crosser that appears from no where if you look in the wrong place for it !!! :yes: :yes:

Funny how it seems invisible against the green backdrop then jumps out at ye. Got me thinking about my green/pink colour vision at first.

Mind you..... Only missed it on e or twicein the last few visits. It's the other one of the pair I usually have trouble with.