Chilli Growing

ollie

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew Apache F1 last year and I still have dozens of bags of the little blighters in the freezer, they really are a great producer. I moved house in the Autumn and I don't have as much space in this house; however, I did overwinter my best Apache which has just set its first fruit and also overwintered a Golden Cayenne. I do have seeds in the house but due to limited space I may not grow from seed this year.

Hi mate,

I planted ten Dorset Naga seeds a few days ago.

Nothing happening yet but I'll gladly send a few seedlings your way if I have any success :good:

Thanks for the offer, I've been in touch with Mungler and have some seeds coming my way, so am sorted. Understand they can take weeks to germinate, so I'll need to be extra patient, which I'm usually not.

I've about 30 seeds left over from a season or 2 ago which are still good. Yellow habanero and cherry bomb, bit mixed up, if anybody would like a few, pm me your address and they'll be in the post.

I've had the same plant in doors for the last few years or so. I get chillies all year round and provided I stay on top of the white fly / green fly (wash with soapy water) all's well.

Brown sauce, I've pulled a few chillies off the plant for you and 20-ish seeds. Eat the chillies and plant the seeds if you like 'em.

I have tried all sorts of chillies and this is my favourite - hot enough to count but not so hot as to be inedible. They also grow fairly easily.

Last year I did a load and every single plant got washed out - nothing, nadda, no Summer, no sun..... all very depressing. I haven't bothered with any new plants this year.

Last year I did a load and every single plant got washed out - nothing, nadda, no Summer, no sun..... all very depressing. I haven't bothered with any new plants this year.

I planted out six plants of 6 varieties last year, 36 plants in total which were the strongest seedling from at least twice that many, by the time the floods had passed i think I had 5 plants left and lost the last of those to the frosts. To be honest I was so peed off about it I just didn't bother to bring them in!

Thanks for the offer, I've been in touch with Mungler and have some seeds coming my way, so am sorted. Understand they can take weeks to germinate, so I'll need to be extra patient, which I'm usually not.

I've about 30 seeds left over from a season or 2 ago which are still good. Yellow habanero and cherry bomb, bit mixed up, if anybody would like a few, pm me your address and they'll be in the post.

No worries, glad you got hooked up with some seeds!

My Nagas are waking up :)

0861B22F-41C4-41DE-8307-B1ADD939BE72-32240-000009AFB8EDB6E9_zps3f8f4ccd.jpg

Anyone fancy some free seeds?

I bought some Trinidad Scorpion seeds off the bay, Butch T variety so pretty monstrous.

They kindly sent a few extra packets as shown in the photo.

I've planted a few of each and have no need for these seeds so thought it might be a nice idea to offer them out to any of you guys.

I was thinking maybe whoever posts here first saying they could use them can have them, use a couple of each then offer them out again, and so on.

There's around 5 seeds left in each packet, loads of the rainbow ones.

Post here first then pm me your address and I'll send them out to you :good:

49A2A37B-0A5E-47FF-9D4D-3CAEE3B69669-57509-0000111289BC6D66_zpsdc23e9f0.jpg

Anyone fancy some free seeds?

I bought some Trinidad Scorpion seeds off the bay, Butch T variety so pretty monstrous.

They kindly sent a few extra packets as shown in the photo.

I've planted a few of each and have no need for these seeds so thought it might be a nice idea to offer them out to any of you guys.

I was thinking maybe whoever posts here first saying they could use them can have them, use a couple of each then offer them out again, and so on.

There's around 5 seeds left in each packet, loads of the rainbow ones.

Post here first then pm me your address and I'll send them out to you :good:

Yes please!

Im running a little late sowing this year as the spring weather has not arrived yet,but they will be going in the propagater this weekend,i bought a selection pack from ebay from the mild to the very hottest.

Last year i had the use of a greenhouse in a victorian walled garden with great results growing joes long ceyenne which were great sliced on cheese on toast around the same heat as jelapeno.

Im running a little late sowing this year as the spring weather has not arrived yet,but they will be going in the propagater this weekend,i bought a selection pack from ebay from the mild to the very hottest.

Last year i had the use of a greenhouse in a victorian walled garden with great results growing joes long ceyenne which were great sliced on cheese on toast around the same heat as jelapeno.

Love a bit of chilli n cheese on toast, awesome....