Chilli Growing

ollie

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers :-)

The guy just wanted it gone so it was a token fiver.

I've still weighed in a couple of hundred though for the polycarbonate, paint ect. Even the beading to hold panels in cost about £40 as I needed miles of it haha.

It's 8'x6' though and to buy new is outrageous money, best part of a grand so it's still worth it.

Hopefully I'll get some decent chillies out of it after all that time and money!

• 2 months later...

Slinging my hat in the ring as there is a very active chilli growing thread in the food section for another forum i'm part of.Currently housing 8 Aji limon plants and 7 Scotch Bonnets all indoors. my first year growing.

Completely messed the Aji Limons up as let them get too lanky before nipping the tops out to encourage growth so they are tall and a bit lanky but have started to busk out now and funnily enough are producing Chillis pretty much 1 for every flow with no flower drop.

The scotch Bonnets on the other hand are nice little bushy plants which i didn't even have to touch to get them like that and they have 30+ flowers on each but 95-99% of the flowers are dropping off after their bloom period

Few of my Aji's

ZFMEzuT.png

One of my scotch bonnet plants... there are dozens of buds in each nook nd crevis but barely any chilli's growing on it
0mWPAyP.png

Edited by Zenduri

Slinging my hat in the ring as there is a very active chilli growing thread in the food section for another forum i'm part of.Currently housing 8 Aji limon plants and 7 Scotch Bonnets all indoors. my first year growing.

Completely messed the Aji Limons up as let them get too lanky before nipping the tops out to encourage growth so they are tall and a bit lanky but have started to busk out now and funnily enough are producing Chillis pretty much 1 for every flow with no flower drop.

The scotch Bonnets on the other hand are nice little bushy plants which i didn't even have to touch to get them like that and they have 30+ flowers on each but 95-99% of the flowers are dropping off after their bloom period

Few of my Aji'sZFMEzuT.png

One of my scotch bonnet plants... there are dozens of buds in each nook nd crevis but barely any chilli's growing on it0mWPAyP.png

Try self pollinating, only water when they are dryish! don't over water them and give them a feed when in flower.

Might help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello wonder if you can help me out. Was given two chilli plants don't know what variety they are but one has nothing producing yet and one has purple chillies growing on it. Do I pick them when purple or will they change colour on the plant to be picked. Thanks for your help. And would any one have any idea what they are.

Hello wonder if you can help me out. Was given two chilli plants don't know what variety they are but one has nothing producing yet and one has purple chillies growing on it. Do I pick them when purple or will they change colour on the plant to be picked. Thanks for your help. And would any one have any idea what they are.

There are so many different varieties of chilli. Post a picture & we might be able to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh yeah, looks like summer is well and truly over!

Be sure to splay them out on the thread too so each chilli does not align with the one above or below it giving maximum air circulation. Once dry it looks quite pretty too. Warm Airing cupboard works a treat, but it may smell of chillies afterwards!

• 1 month later...

how are your plants doing then? Although I only planted just before summer I have 8 grown jalapeno plants and three purple cayennes. Plenty of fruit on the jalapenos but none on the cayennes... are the jalapenos meant to turn red? First time doing this so I don't know when to pick them either.

The amateur farm so far:

image_zpsc8b4db45.jpg

image_zps1cba8db1.jpg

The redness seen here has spread another 1/3 the way up this chilie but it seems to be the only one.

image_zpsbd09eb26.jpg

no idea what im doing.