Shotguns and rifles taken in Wigan gun shop burglary

Bigden

I doubt Tim left the guns lying around. He is a thoroughly decent bloke and does not need this.

Its funny that if this was a privet person who had there guns stolen you would all be slagging them off for not locking them away so that they could not be taken I wonder why this should be.
:no: :no: :no:

Burglars are adept at getting in to where they want to, before anyone gets too smug. It could happen to anyone.

Its funny that if this was a privet person who had there guns stolen you would all be slagging them off for not locking them away so that they could not be taken I wonder why this should be. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Oh, so how do you know they were not locked away? :hmm: It never mentioned that in the police statement.

Its funny that if this was a privet person who had there guns stolen you would all be slagging them off for not locking them away so that they could not be taken I wonder why this should be.

Tim & his family are absolutely great people to deal with; buying, parts, service, repairs etc

In my opinion they are one of the best dealers in the North West.

Their new premises represent a great deal of investment in terms of time/money etc.

I would imagine that Greater Manchester Police would have had to inspect them as part of the terms of being a RFD, if the criminals want in, they will get in.

In terms of your own personal guns, if there wasn't anyone in the house a 9" angle grinder fitted with a metal cutting blade would make short work of the locks on a cabinet.

dont matter how security you have evan banks get broke into so a gun shop is not hard if you have the right tools and balls to try... gas axe and grinder and 20 mins and i think you could get into any gun shop but im sure they have a 3 minute response time like banks if alarms triggered

I am not getting at him I do not now the fellow I am getting at the double standards that a lot of people on this forum have one person that you may not now will get slagged off whilst another person who is regarded as a (good old boy) can do nothing wrong as has been said how long would it take a determined thief to remove a gun cabinet you do not need to open it just crowbar it off the wall and take it to open at your leisure.

Sorry if we misread your post. It did come across as having a pop at Tim.

He has always been 100% in his dealings with me, as have his family. I can't think for a minute that he hadn't taken the precautions that any RFD would have to do. If he didn't he won't be a RFD for much longer.

I would offer sympathy to anyone who was robbed in similar circumstances and would not apply double standards.

Edited by Gordon R

Its funny that if this was a privet person who had there guns stolen you would all be slagging them off for not locking them away so that they could not be taken I wonder why this should be. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

...nothing funny here!!! i am positive the guns wouldnt have been insecure here and also that if someone had their guns stolen whilst secure no one would make a fuss.... if anyone had left guns insecure then that would be another matter... dont think i have ever seen a post where someone has been slagged off for having their guns stolen [whether secure or not] but i could be wrong!

atb

I dont see many people dressed up as a privet with a gun :no: :no: :no: unless their special branch :good: