sx3 and maxus

Matt Gould

I was tied between the two last year... I ended up going with the Maxus. Felt a awesome, shoots very well. Was close though I have to say.

Then a friend purchased an sx3 which I had a go on and got on well with it. I would say there is nothing between them in terms of the way they shoot. Only thing with the sx3 is the rubber pad comes out square from the stock rather than following the line of the stock like on the Maxus.

Oh and I'm a bit of a Browning fan boy lol

Edited by danb21t

I was looking at the sx3 myself but when i looked at one i couldnt help but feel dissapointed with the very cheap plastic feel to it ! So in the same shop i looked at the browning maxus which i really like and felt quality and sterdy but i was still dissapointed about the SX3 after whatching all the youtube videos i was well up for one but it didnt live up to my hopes, so looking at alternitives i picked up the Benelli M2 at £250 more and with the 5 year garentee i was sold instantly, the fit was purfect the best fitting gun ive ever tryed, great feel, slim forend great sight picture, great texure in synthetic to so thats what i went with and am well happy with it.

Dont rule a Benelli out and remember its easyer to clean being inertia driven and not gas ! :good:

The Maxsus has a slimmer for end.

It also has lengthened forcing cones and a back bored barrel.

The gas plug /system is also different.

My personal views,

They both have small narrow stocks which I couldn't get on with.

The Maxus felt a bit ''boxy/square'' in the hand which I didn't like.

I found the Maxus, having a lengthened forcing cone and over bored barrel, played havoc with fiber wad cartridges.

Both guns cycle lightning fast and the Maxus is one of the softest shooting/ least muzzle flip autos.

Out of the 2, I preferred the feel of the SX3, liked the lack of felt recoil and less muzzle flip with the Maxus, But sadly, couldn't get either to fit properly due the girly little stocks :/

If I had to pick one, Id have the SX3.

The Maxsus has a slimmer for end.

It also has lengthened forcing cones and a back bored barrel.

The gas plug /system is also different.

My personal views,

They both have small narrow stocks which I couldn't get on with.

The Maxus felt a bit ''boxy/square'' in the hand which I didn't like.

I found the Maxus, having a lengthened forcing cone and over bored barrel, played havoc with fiber wad cartridges.

Both guns cycle lightning fast and the Maxus is one of the softest shooting/ least muzzle flip autos.

Out of the 2, I preferred the feel of the SX3, liked the lack of felt recoil and less muzzle flip with the Maxus, But sadly, couldn't get either to fit properly due the girly little stocks :/

If I had to pick one, Id have the SX3.

The SX3 does aswell, I think :good: :good: :good:

Planning on buying one of these guns when the funds allow. Planning on getting the SX3 now, but might completely change my mind when i handle both. Have handled a SX3 before at a shop and it felt very nice fitted well, and well i liked it very much and to be honest i haven't heard a bad review about them yet. I've also handled a Maxus, which was the premium model which was nice, but if buying one it would have to be a composite model. The one thing i do like of the Maxus over the SX3 is the speed loading system but this may not make me change my mind on getting a SX3, which is cheaper

I was 100% settled on buying an SX3 but the more I look at it, the more I'm warming to the Maxus.

I know a synthetic s/a will never be pretty, but I think the Maxus looks ugly compared to the SX3. Out of interest, what is the speed loading system and how does it work?

Personally I think a lot of semi autos and pumps look very dated in wood unless you have paid big money for nice wood on somthing like a berretta. For me as they once youve had black theres no going back and its true, i wouldnt buy a semi or pump now unless it was matt black or cammo ! :good:

Personally I think a lot of semi autos and pumps look very dated in wood unless you have paid big money for nice wood on somthing like a berretta. For me as they once youve had black theres no going back and its true, i wouldnt buy a semi or pump now unless it was matt black or cammo ! :good:

My franchi 712 raptor has a walnut all weather coat finish so you get nice wood and synthetic all in one !!!!