bagder baiting

northeastshooter

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a big difference between badger culling and baiting. As a kid I remember seeing the large holes left after baiters had dug out another badger for their 'sport', and a friend finding a badly mutilated dog with a broken jaw left to die on the Downs after a fight.

Awful people, they deserve what they get and more.

Saw my first ever livr badger last night.

On my way for a late night shop at Tescos and it was on the grass verge of the car park.

Never thought I would see one in town.

Beautiful to see and agree, if they have to be culled, it should be done humanely although what damage this one could do I can't imagine.

There is a big difference between badger culling and baiting. As a kid I remember seeing the large holes left after baiters had dug out another badger for their 'sport', and a friend finding a badly mutilated dog with a broken jaw left to die on the Downs after a fight.

Awful people, they deserve what they get and more.

Perfectly put

Strip em naked tie there hands and legs together smother their gonads in Peanut butter and lock them in a room with the badgers.

Sub-human lifeforms Im afraid...

I totally agree with all comments so far, badgers spread TB the infects cattle, so their numbers need to be controlled. The sad thing is that some members of the public seem to think all people who hunt or shot game have the same moral attitude as low life badger baiters

Then for their blatant cheek if I was the Judge I would extend their sentence AND up the fine to £3000 each :angry:

Thee are LEGAL ways in which to deal with Badger numbers and Illegal. The fact this bunch chose the Latter speaks volumes about their intentions. The Judge should find the heaviest sentence to impose that would stick like fly.**** to a windscreen.

Edited by Lord Geordie

they should ban them from keeping dog for life and bull terrier lurcher should be banned they also use them on deer round here

Your post isn't very clearly written so it's hard to decipher, but are you honestly suggesting bull terriers and lurchers should be banned as a breed?

As for the subject of badgers... I'd have nothing against digging badgers in the same manner as foxes were it to be legal. Baiting is an entirely different ball game and people involved are just bloodthirsty sub-humans who are generally involved in dogfighting and general crime too.

FM

what i ment to say ferret master they should ban the baiters and anyone found baiting from owning any dogs also the dogs that they are using are bull terrier lurcher cross these dogs are in general nasty but as lord gordie says its not the dogs fault its the owners which i agree with totally but if the cross breed was banned there would be no problems with them the same dog are being used to take deer down these animals are just left to rot there is no need for anyone to own these dogs because they have no other use

Edited by dazsl

Your post isn't very clearly written so it's hard to decipher, but are you honestly suggesting bull terriers and lurchers should be banned as a breed?

As for the subject of badgers... I'd have nothing against digging badgers in the same manner as foxes were it to be legal. Baiting is an entirely different ball game and people involved are just bloodthirsty sub-humans who are generally involved in dogfighting and general crime too.

FM

There is alot of ignorance on here about country pursuits other than shooting. Most of the quotes on here are no better than the Daily Mail.

FM

i completely agree, the scum that are involved in baiting are normally into other crime too, poaching etc. Real terrier men and lurcher men suffer everytime somthing like this makes the news, if someone sees you with a terrier or a 'bull' lurcher they automatically think your badger baiting.

the dogs that they are using are bull terrier lurcher cross these dogs are in general nasty

********. On what do you base this statement? I assume you have a vast knowledge on the breed? Please tell us more.

There is alot of ignorance on here about country pursuits other than shooting. Most of the quotes on here are no better than the Daily Mail.

Sometimes it's hard to tell if your on Pigeonwatch or the LACS.

what i ment to say ferret master they should ban the baiters and anyone found baiting from owning any dogs also the dogs that they are using are bull terrier lurcher cross these dogs are in general nasty but as lord gordie says its not the dogs fault its the owners which i agree with totally but if the cross breed was banned there would be no problems with them the same dog are being used to take deer down these animals are just left to rot there is no need for anyone to own these dogs because they have no other use

Don't you think they just might find another kind of dog to use? Or just carry on breeding them regardless, as they are keen on breaking the law anyway?

I don't really see where you're going with your posts.

Let's ban guns and fishing rods, that will stop poaching too :good:

A friend of mine who represeted them in court told me there is an appeal being lodged and an applicatiion for bail going in today

It was trial by District Judge - you generally get an accurate judgement, as they are not amateur Magistrates. Is the appeal against conviction or sentence? If they appeal against sentence and lose, they might get extra. Assuming they are guilty - as they have already had their trial - here's hoping.

the dogs that they are using are bull terrier lurcher cross these dogs are in general nasty

Hard enough to ban a breed, but banning cross breeds? Simplistic rubbish, written from a standpoint of supreme knowledge - NOT. :no: :no: :no:

Edited by Gordon R

Having been involved in a few so called Badger Baiting cases (for the defence)none of them actually involved badger baiting and only one out of three involved a badger. When you don't manage to get an expert witness for the defense due to time constraints or lack of funding from the legal aid board you can find yourself on the wrong side of a conviction despite your innocence. Do not believe everything you read in the press. I'll give you one example half a dozen cops the same of SSPCA inspectors and they came in with a warrant at 7am. They siezed as evidence a copy of the countrymens weekly and a spade they found in the garden shed (the guy was working as a gardener)sometimes all is not what it seems.

Hang on a minute - there were multiple arrests in this case and two have entered a guilty plea.

Their guilty pleas must just have been something I read in the paper - because it actually happened.

It's just a bit too late for "it was just a misunderstanding". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Gordon R

It saddens me when I see posts hinting that you somehow aren't a true sportsman or countryman if you object to badger baiting. It's like to be into shooting or fishing, you've also got to buy into badger baiting, dog fighting, chinchilla torturing or god knows what, otherwise you've some kind of effette vegan LACs member.

Badgers are too numerous and I'm sure that contributes to the spread of bovine TB. I would support legal methods of badger control in TB hotpots if it can be shown to reduce it.

Badger baiting is a different matter. People who do it are sick inadequate ****ers imho. I would cheerfully shop any I ever knew about and pray that the courts hammered them. That probably makes me a bunny hugging girl to some on here. Ce la vie ....