Which Pigeon Rotor should I buy?

Tony,

You're correct about getting the angle right, the flying decoys have more wind resistance than the real feathers of a dead bird.

Adjusting the angle should sort it out, but don't hesitate to call if the problem persists... :beer:

Cheers,

Deako.

The only thing I found was I got less life out of my rotor when using the decoys, they seem to work well enough though, not that I've shot any huge bags mind, but I just haven't been over the right terrain, there is a reason why ireland is not renowned for pigeon shooting you know :lol: oilseed rape is very rarely grown over there and the farmers just don't seem to get the same number of pigeons.

I think the less life is back to the fact they are a bit heavier then dead birds, having said that maybe the reason is because my rotor is quite inefficient and maybe if I get some decent land and a reason to upgrade then I will.

• 3 weeks later...

Lurcherboy,

I've not heard of that one - it sounds very cheap at only £60, and if comparable to others on the market must be a bargain.

The key factor in my opinion is the weight of it - it needs to be as light as possible but also sturdy enough so that it won't keel over in the first puff of wind.

The market leader at the moment seems to be the Pinewood Advantage, being both lightweight and sturdy.

My friend is currently trialing one bought in our local gunshop which he reckons is as good as the Pinewood, and he persuaded the shopowner to throw in a freebie battery charger, all for £195.

If you would like further details, send me an e-mail.