TVR

ME

I considered a Cerbera the two plus two one in metallic black with cream leather 5.0 l v8 when my children were small. But as I tried to justify buying it as a family car, driving back from Newcastle in the rain I saw a brand new yellow TVR backwards in a hedge with trade plates on it and a very white shaking man on the phone rubbing his hand over his face,the peice of road he had left was straight as a die, must have gave the loud peddle a good prod. The unpredictable handling and poor reliability put me off them.a friend had one for a few years but rarely drove it.The uncompromised styling and noise from the exhaust is fantastic.

ME if your feeling that machochistic why not get a pro to give you a good whipping then rob you would be cheaper and less painfull.

ATB figgy

We often play spot the broken down TVR on the way down to Le Mans each year for those silly owners who actually think their TVR will make it there and back again :oops:

We stickered up one of our cars as the 'TVR Inevitable Breakdown Support Vehicle' most of the TVR owners saw the funny side.

Don't do it.

Up to £15K I'd say Cerbera, 4.5. Above, a Sagaris. But the Lotus Exige, Evora and Noble M12 GTO must be on the cards too.

I can't believe the amount of "don't do it, they're too unreliable" posts in here. Lads, have your wives logged in for you? "costs too much/to unreliable/not family friendly etc etc - all from the mouths of a split ****. No place for it in a thread discussing the possible purchase of a V8. :good:

i was in the 'i don't mind the repair bills, its worth it for the V8' etc camp before i bought mine as well. but its hard to look macho when you are sitting in a petrol station waiting for the starter motor to cool enough to fire it up again

'no really, the car is great, i just like hanging around in petrol stations'

Matt, you've got to do it. There's no place in life for 'I wish I'd bought this or that' or 'If only'. You can afford to do it so get it done, after all it isn't going to be your first mode of transport is it?

PS I'll have a very nice 944 Turbo for sale soon!

I am definitely a fan of if you want it buy it (if you got the money). If its a weekend car its a hobby car so does not matter what it costs really. If you really cant stand the expense then flog it but at least you will wont regret not ever owning one.

Also I have a car transporter trailer so can always get it to the garage for you :lol:

Matt, you've got to do it. There's no place in life for 'I wish I'd bought this or that' or 'If only'. You can afford to do it so get it done, after all it isn't going to be your first mode of transport is it?

PS I'll have a very nice 944 Turbo for sale soon!

Phil, you talk sense. Nail hit firmly on the head. :good:

944 Turbo eh? PM me some details :hmm::good: