WEST MERCIA WOOD PIGEON SHOOTING CLUB

RAR

Just to let you know of a pigeon shooting club based around the North Worcestershire area. We are an active club with monthly Clay Shoots, social gatherings, country side talks and with access to approx 2500 acres of control through a field secretary. We also run a young shots sponsorship as well as having a BASC shooting coach as a member.

Membership is vetted but we are looking to recruit.

Membership is £45 a year but this includes full membership to BASC.

Contact myself ROB ROWLEY as Chairman.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes old post, if it's the one Im thinking of, they used to go to the gamekeepers show at Catton hall, to get pigeon shooting you had to go to their fortnightly clay shoot for a period to prove you weren't an idiot, if you proved yourself a member would take you out a few times and then you could become a full member.

I shot Clay's a couple of times with them but I joined a syndicate whick let me shoot pigeon, crows etc whenever I wanted.

They had there own little clay ground with a hut thingy and did bacon butties etc, this was outskirts of Fillongly which is kinda between Coventry and Nuneaton. If your still interested it might be worth a drive out for a couple of Sunday mornings to see if they are still going. They were a friendly bunch.