anyone do concreting for a living?

chandelierman

I am looking for someone to do some concreting on some land that my workshop sits on,size approx 16ft x about 60 - 70ft,at the moment it is just grass,it is just for a drive way really plus i want to put a wooden shed/possibly a sectional garage on it..........location is Great Wakering which is in Southend on sea.

I have had quotes from £2000 - £4000

It is being paid for through my company so i need someone that is VAT registered to do it or if not i can pay for the materials seperatley so that i claim the VAT back.

I was told that they would scrape 6" from the surface which would be taken away with a grabber lorry,then lay hardcore with rebar or overlapping mesh followed by 4 - 5" concrete

it should be dug out have 4 inches of type 1 put in wacker plate it down to compress the type 1 the shutter it up the size you want with expansion joints in to stop cracking but allow movement then have the mix laid tamped and screeded to remove any air pockets then edge troweled, you wont need mesh if its just for a shed base but if you plan the put anything heavy on it either use fibre mesh or steel mesh.

if i was laying 16ft x 70ft i would do it in at least 6 sections with expansion joints with a minimum of 4 inches of mix and could be laid in a day.

it should be dug out have 4 inches of type 1 put in wacker plate it down to compress the type 1 the shutter it up the size you want with expansion joints in to stop cracking but allow movement then have the mix laid tamped and screeded to remove any air pockets then edge troweled, you wont need mesh if its just for a shed base but if you plan the put anything heavy on it either use fibre mesh or steel mesh.

if i was laying 16ft x 70ft i would do it in at least 6 sections with expansion joints with a minimum of 4 inches of mix and could be laid in a day.

I might put a 18 x 9 shed or concrete garage on it,the space is used for parking and deliverys,occasionally (maybe once every couple of years) i might get a hiab lorry come in to pick up/drop off machinery.

The people that quoted on it said they would concrete it in 2 sections.

I know its not a big job

I won't be laying it "hence" the posting

Its usage is also in my posting

I just want someone to come and do it!

what i meant was,

its not a big job-so shouldn't cost the earth

by per pour i mean how many days to lay

its usage as a drive could mean a few cars or a 100t crane-it makes a lot of difference to the strenght and depth of concrete needed.

also you won't know how much stone you'll need until you start to prep up,and i'd mesh and dowel bar the whole lot.

I might put a 18 x 9 shed or concrete garage on it,the space is used for parking and deliverys,occasionally (maybe once every couple of years) i might get a hiab lorry come in to pick up/drop off machinery.

The people that quoted on it said they would concrete it in 2 sections.

If used for heavy stuff lorries etc i would use fibre mesh in the mix at 4 inches thick it can support 10 ton per sq ft, thats what we use to use when we did pattern imprinted concrete drives etc putting steel in concrete creates concrete cancer what a lot of high rise buildings suffer from due to the steel corroding which makes it expand then cracks the concrete remember concrete takes about 30 yrs to fully harden then it gets brittle and starts to crack up.i think you should go for a minimum of 3 sections @ 16ft esp if its free standing.

If I didnt have 3 prolasped discs in my back I would come and do it for you.

If you get it dug out and shutterd up theres a company in southend who will lay it tamp it and screed it for the delivery price they use to advertise in the ECHO then just go round it with an edging trowel.

If used for heavy stuff lorries etc i would use fibre mesh in the mix at 4 inches thick it can support 10 ton per sq ft, thats what we use to use when we did pattern imprinted concrete drives etc putting steel in concrete creates concrete cancer what a lot of high rise buildings suffer from due to the steel corroding which makes it expand then cracks the concrete remember concrete takes about 30 yrs to fully harden then it gets brittle and starts to crack up.i think you should go for a minimum of 3 sections @ 16ft esp if its free standing.

If I didnt have 3 prolasped discs in my back I would come and do it for you.

If you get it dug out and shutterd up theres a company in southend who will lay it tamp it and screed it for the delivery price they use to advertise in the ECHO then just go round it with an edging trowel.

I get vans mostly,usually UPS and the like,no HGV's as it is only has enough space for about a 35ft lorry to turn in to.I only want to get in concreted to make it a more usable space.

I was quoted by one company in essex who said they put some sort of fibre into the cement mix which helped it all knit together and could be used without the need of steel mesh.

concrete takes about 30 yrs to fully harden then it gets brittle and starts to crack up.i

What about the hoover dam then. Stronger now then when it was built. Concrete needs a hundred years to cure. Then Another 100+ then 100years to break down.

As said. 4 inch hardcore 4 inch Concrete. Don't worry about steel coroding it will out last your life and grandkids life. Expansion I'm not 100% on. If its enclosed area give it some expansion if its not I wouldn't worry to much. Very rear I Concrete but I tipped 130 cubic meter raft before xmas. Steel reinforcing and no expansion.