2 or 4 arm rotor?

I am looking to get a new rotor and wondered if I should go for a rotor with 4 arms or if I will get the same result with the 2 arm machine (like the Rotor-coy).

Also what do you think about speed controllers, are they worth getting or is the standard speed good enough?

When I used my old rotor I never changed the speed so I would be interested in what others think.

Mark.

I think that sometimes you can over complicate the purpose of the rotor. It's just to add movement to your decoy pattern and very usefull on a still day in tall/laid crops. However i think you would get the same results if you use 1 or 4 arms and on a windy day a few floaters are better than rotors as you can direct the birds in to your decoy pattern.

So i would save some cash and go for a 2 bird and with the change get a few floaters.

Crapshot

I also would go for the two arm model, as **** Shot has already said, all you want is a bit of movement.

The birds will come and have a look even if they dont decoy.

As for speed controllers....I would think of getting one they do have their use, I think that this time of year ya need a steady speed, but others might not agree with me?

So if I was you I would buy a good 2 arm rotor with a speed controller.

All the best

Buzzer :ernyha: