HELP

VULTURE

Hi Bought my daughter a laptop for Christmas and i can't get the stupid thing to accept the Product activation code for Microsoft office 2010, have triple checked the code which is on a sticker on the underside of the laptop, no codes in the bumf

any ideas

Vulture

Hi,

Might sound like a stupid question but is it connected to the internet as it will need to contact a server at MS to activate?

If it's connected to the internet what error does it give you when trying to activate?

Another option is to take the phone activation route.

Cheers,

Jon.

Hi Bought my daughter a laptop for Christmas and i can't get the stupid thing to accept the Product activation code for Microsoft office 2010, have triple checked the code which is on a sticker on the underside of the laptop, no codes in the bumf

any ideas

Vulture

Just a thought, but the product key on the under side of the laptop is for the operating system. Just check it says microsoft office 2010 on the sticker. :hmm:

Did you pre-purchase Microsoft Office?

A lot of new laptops come pre-installed with it, but you're required to purchase the key at the time, or can buy from Microsoft in the future.

As the guy above says, the sticker is probably for Microsoft Windows 7 or something.

Edited by humperdingle

any ideas

Vulture

if you get stuck post me a mem stick 16gb office 2007 and i will post it back to you,got it on a mem stick,if it works take your copy back and get your money back...just put it on mine last week

mikky

Edited by mikky

Very good point, the Office 2010 may well have been a trial which has now gone into limp home mode as not activated. The sticker as has been pointed out is most likely for Windoze 7.

I did one just after Christmas and the key was in a plastic box - Office 2010 Home and Student which was bough in addition to the laptop.

I normally don't deal with the home user products as we are Enterprise and have a KMS server set up for activation rather than using MAK keys.

Jon.

any ideas

Vulture

if you get stuck post me a mem stick 16gb (office 2007 ) and i will post it back to you,got it on a mem stick,if it works take your copy back and get your money back...just put it on mine last week

mikky

Edited by mikky

yeah there right, the key on the bottom of the laptop will be the windows OS key.

Office will be separate somewhere if you purchased it.

It seems all the new computers now have office preinstalled, even when you don't want it.

If I was you, I'd delete office and use Libreoffice - it's a free download and fully compatible with MSOffice.

If you don't like it, you can always purchase MSOffice later on.