1. 1. which of the following alleged common faults have you experienced

• barrel exploding
    • choke bulging
    • non cartridge related jams
    • twisted rib
    • no problems
    • other (please state)
    • multiple faults- please list

This is for actual owners so if you have experienced on of the faults please vote and describe your fault. I've excluded cartridge related jams even the guy at the shop selling you a hatsans will advise you to stick to longer shells and 28g or above so if you didn't listen turf.

I'm only interested in if you've owned one personally not if your mates dads dogs vet treated someone who knew a guy who had a sister who owned one.

Atb Gary

i have added a multiple faults so people still only need to vote once, again please list any issues and your general opinions.

Edited by bicykillgaz

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I experienced a choke coming loose when we were claypigeon shooting on the farm the other week. I only noticed that it had gone when I came to clean the gun the following day. The choke must have not been tightened enough by me when I last cleaned it and yes I suppose I should have checked it regularly as I did fire off about 100 shots.

I guess it unscrewed itself and worked loose at at some point stuck enough to allow the blast of the shot to get between the choke and the barrel and bulge the barrel slightly.

A new barrel was ordered on the Monday and was with my RFD by Thursday. I had to accept a 26 inch barrel as that was all they had in Left hand. The original was a 28 inch. I intend to have the old one cut down to 24.5 inches and left unchoked.

I have no other gripes with the gun to date. It is lightweight, cycles ok etc. I do think the barrels are a tad cheap looking but it is a cheap gun - well mine was and you get what you pay for - mine was a reconditioned one from Edgar Bros.

edit - the barrel cost me £148. A lad a t the club said the same happened to his bosses Beretta - I guess mine was cheaper to repair :yes:

Edited by Katzenjammer

Sorry mate but aren't mag tubes some sort of metal? Could you be more specific on the bits and bobs too

The outside of the mag tube where the piston slides had melted with heat after 100 shells causing it to jam, forend kept coming off in my hand when shooting, magazine cut off button fell to pieces, Like I said not a good experience !!!!

Edited by jmoz82

I've a pump action, which was given to me by my father (he couldn't shoot it easily). I've been unable to fault it, it's solid and reliable and does not feel loose in any way. The chokes have to be tightened up well or they come loose, but it's not an issue.

I've seen a more expensive pump (Benelli?) that was another couple of hundred quid, yet it weighed more and I couldn't find anything better about it to justify the cost...

Not sure if you want it on this thread but my father has a Hatsan semi and cannot fault it either, and another person I shoot with has a pump too and has had no issues either.

hatsans owners (not haters) Poll:

hatsan myths laid to rest by actual owners

Just exactly what are you trying to achieve, it is pretty obvious if you only ask everyone who loves their Hatsan to reply you will not get any negative comments.

And there are NO MYTHS about the Hatsan, they have an appalling quality control, safety, reliability record when compared to ANY other shotgun you care to mention.

Edit

Your Poll only allows one answer, that in itself is useless as my Hatsan chokes didn't fit, the barrel moved about 2mm in the action and then the barrel blew up.

Yes, it's all a myth if you want to bury your head in the sand!

Edited by Dekers

hatsans owners (not haters) Poll:

hatsan myths laid to rest by actual owners

Just exactly what are you trying to achieve, it is pretty obvious if you only ask everyone who loves their Hatsan to reply you will not get any negative comments.

And there are NO MYTHS about the Hatsan, they have an appalling quality control, safety, reliability record when compared to ANY other shotgun you care to mention.

I think he's asking people who own, or have owned Hatsans, to state their opinions and experience of them, not the usual comments from people who have heard of somebody who had one blow up in their face stuff without actually using or owning one themselves.

they have an appalling quality control, safety, reliability record when compared to ANY other shotgun you care to mention. :hmm:

Proof please as this will make interesting reading for many people :yes:

Look it up on ANY forum you can find and add up all the people with Hatsan problems, start here it will be easy, then add up EVERY other shotgun problem you can find.

Hardly a week goes by without someone else reporting a problem with their Hatsan.

PS

Even the poll here is appalling (from people who love their Hatsan).

21 replies and 6 lots of problems, that is way over 33%, thats ******g appalling!

Edited by Dekers

Did you read my above post there's some proof lol

One post is not an adequate sample size for 'reliability record'.

Had one for 3 months now, use it every weekend. One weekend had problems due to me not cleaning the piston (user error) , other than that its been perfect. Voted ' non cartridge related jams ' , but it was my fault, not the gun.

for £350 new, with 3 year warranty this is perfect for me. :good:

Edited by gazzthompson

Dekers that is exactly the type of post i expected from you. I may be wrong but haven't you stated before you've never actually owned or shot one?

The poll was set up for people who own or have owned a hatsan to state what faults they have or have not had so we can get a clear idea of just how many of these faults are genuine or rumours.

i don't really see what your issue is mate, was you out shot by a hatsan owner at a clay ground or something and just never been able to let it go?

Out of the people who have voted for faults only a couple have stated what there fault was as requested so i am assuming the rest are people just trying to falsify the poll, if you've had a fault please write what it was and if you got it sorted.

At Gary

I no I don't own 1 yet but I will at the end of feb. Baring in mind these guns are £400 new. You can't expect near on amazing for that price. It's nearly a third of the price than any other semi auto new. I'll be buying 1 so I can make my own mind up, it's not alot of money if it all goes down the drain, but 3 years usage isn't bad under warranty. And to be honest I cant wait to get 1, it will be my first new gun. You loose that much on a new beretta as soon as it's left the shop.

Dekers you state the poll only offers one choice when it offers several and also offers an - others section and asks for descriptions so surely this allows every single fault to be registered, the only option in favour of the hatsan owner is the no faults option.

I asked for owner only to give a fair representation and to avoid people who just like moaning and hatsan bashers like yourself who just like spouting bitterness on every post they reply to.

You can't even back up your claims of safety issues yet you state it on every post about hatsans, get some links up to pictures and articles of hatsan related deaths or any proof to your claims.

Gary

Dan

if you want to try one i live at gainsborough im off work with a bad back at the minute you are welcome to come and borrow mine, there is a clayground at blyton you can take it too for a go. not sure how it will handle clay loads as i've never tried them but as they have them as club guns i would guess they work ok.

At Gary

Edited by bicykillgaz