left eye

bullet1747

just been for eye check up and she tells me I'm left eye dominant i shoot right handed is this why I'm a **** shot :lol:

Wont help if you shoot both eyes open! I shoot left handed due to eye dominace, others use fibre beads or spots on glasses "timps" actually changed his eye dominance to suit his preferred shoulder!

I'm also left eye dominant and chop and change from side to side to no avail... still Mr Magoo... So is it better to use a bead sight? If so what type... Or what type of sight should us blind gets look for? :lol:

very simple my friend,,,,no sight at all, why do i hear all the time that people want to see a sight on the barrel, you should be looking at the bloody target not the gun.

when mounting a shotgun the gun should come into a natural firing position, if all in the world is right, you keep shifting your eye focus from the target to the muzzle and back, you will become very good friends of Freddie the Flincher, look through the gun not at it.

i often hear when teaching new shooters " i see the side of the gun" you will if you look for it, i know it sounds funny but try and ignore the gun itself and concentrate your soul focus on the target, you will be surprised at what a difference you have.

Martin.

very simple my friend,,,,no sight at all, why do i hear all the time that people want to see a sight on the barrel, you should be looking at the bloody target not the gun.

when mounting a shotgun the gun should come into a natural firing position, if all in the world is right, you keep shifting your eye focus from the target to the muzzle and back, you will become very good friends of Freddie the Flincher, look through the gun not at it.

i often hear when teaching new shooters " i see the side of the gun" you will if you look for it, i know it sounds funny but try and ignore the gun itself and concentrate your soul focus on the target, you will be surprised at what a difference you have.

Martin.

quite agree with you martin i am a AA shooter at dtl.i line my gun up i then take my eyes off the gun.its eye to hand corordination.

Martin.

Thanks for the advice Martin will definately give it a go next time i'm out shooting... can understand where your coming from... If I shoot with the right with both eyes open I tend to see two guns lol :hmm: yet if I shoot left handed I don't seem to have that problem... but yes I will definatly try to pick up on your method... Thanks again Dave.

Edited by Kilvy

Martin is spot on but it may take a while to convince yourself that it actually works as there is so much said about eye dominance being the cause of poor shooting.

If you are shooting off your right shoulder I guess you are right handed. So if you throw a ball at a target do you miss by miles. Answer - no, as you look at the target and not the end of your arm. If you stand off from a mirror and point at your nose with your right arm - you will most likely be spot on. Neither exercise should work if eye dominance was such a problem.

A bit of gun mounting practise in doors will also help a great deal - at least you'll know you can point it in the same place every time. You'll be surprised what a couple of minutes a day for a few days can do.

But, when all is said and done, you'll have to find out what works for you as none of us know what goes on inside your head!

Good luck

Chris

^ i was advised to spend a at least 10 minutes a day mounting the gun to my left shoulder for a 2 weeks before firing a shot left handed as you need to build the muscle memory and confortable before you add the shot into the mix. Took about 3 months to get confident with my left shoulder and if i dont shoot for a few weeks it starts to feel alien again (right hander left eye dom)