midge /insect repellant

deadeye ive

Went out the other day and to say i have now swelled up like the HULK from the reaction to multiple bites would be a understatment :drool:

I seem to re-call from a topic a long time ago that a avon lady product was the best repellant .........I can't t remember the name :good: ..............However what do you chaps advise ? :D

So which Avon Skin So Soft - Soft and Fresh - product do I get?

I have just looked in the wife's Avon book and there are loads of them, body souffle, body wash, hand cream, body serum, creamy body buffer, firm and tone body smoother and something called dry oil body spray to name just some of them, the mind boggles, how could a woman need so many different things.

I was hoping it just said, "this is the Avon Skin So Soft jollop that is the mutts nutts for midges"

This is gonna sound a little strange.... two slices of toast and Marmite a day works for me. They say you either love or hate it and midges seem to hate it. I go shooting and fishing with the ol' man (who hates Marmite) he gets eaten alive and I get one or two bites at the most.......or maybe I just smell bad :good:

P03

citronella (sp?) aromatherapy oil can work well

Not on my ruddy body it doesn't :good::)

The avon stuff you want is the dry oil body spray in the green bottle, not the pink one. :)

I've just ordered some for the first time after getting more swollen than a swollen thing.

Strangely they attacked me with a vengeance and I had bug spray all over me. She didn't and they left her alone. Maybe they take reputation into account before attacking? I'd think twice and I know which buttons NOT to press. :lol: :(

Dave

Avon skin so soft ................Yep thats the one :lol:

Some strange concoctions there fella's ............keep the replies coming in ................On a personal note ...I recently read an article on Badger urine being good in a 2004 edition of country life whilst waiting for the car to be mot'd :good::):)

Quite a normal thing to the ruperts I imagine :( :( :blush:

Avon skin so soft ................Yep thats the one :lol:

Some strange concoctions there fella's ............keep the replies coming in ................On a personal note ...I recently read an article on Badger urine being good in a 2004 edition of country life whilst waiting for the car to be mot'd :good::):)

Quite a normal thing to the ruperts I imagine :( :( :blush:

Never use badger urine. :lol::blush: If you dont want to get TB. :blush:

This is gonna sound a little strange.... two slices of toast and Marmite a day works for me. They say you either love or hate it and midges seem to hate it. I go shooting and fishing with the ol' man (who hates Marmite) he gets eaten alive and I get one or two bites at the most.......or maybe I just smell bad :(

P03

:no: it's a good job i love it, and i do :blush::blush::lol::lol:

Avon skin so soft ................Yep thats the one :(

Quite a normal thing to the ruperts I imagine :lol::lol: :yp:

Never use badger urine. :o :o If you dont want to get TB. :no:

:no: mmmmmmmm..... don't fancy that one myself :blush:

DE take hayfever tabs and you will get little or no reaction with swelling and itching.

I use Zirtek and Sainsburys are doing two for the price of one at the moment.

i take hay fever tablets and eye drops and nose spray and i got bit on saterday night when i was fishing

Went out the other day and to say i have now swelled up like the HULK from the reaction to multiple bites would be a understatment :blink:

I seem to re-call from a topic a long time ago that a avon lady product was the best repellant .........I can't t remember the name :/ ..............However what do you chaps advise ? :yes:

sarsons red vinigar mate a couple of drops in your hand rub in has always worked for me. uk and abroad

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cookoff013

i`ve heard raw garlic works,

the reason being, the garlic is excreted through the skin and the midges dont like it.

i dont know if it works, i`ve been told it does.

DE take hayfever tabs and you will get little or no reaction with swelling and itching.

I use Zirtek and Sainsburys are doing two for the price of one at the moment.

i take hay fever tablets and eye drops and nose spray and i got bit on saterday night when i was fishing

:drinks::drinks::beer: It doesn't stop you getting bitten berthaboo but does take away 90% of the allergic reaction.

LB

• 3 weeks later...
Avon skin so soft ................Yep thats the one :D

Some strange concoctions there fella's ............keep the replies coming in ................On a personal note ...I recently read an article on Badger urine being good in a 2004 edition of country life whilst waiting for the car to be mot'd :good::lol::lol:

Quite a normal thing to the ruperts I imagine :D:D:D

Hey mate,

I tried taking the p**s out of the Badger. I call him faggot, dwarf zebra and all sorts of stuff but I couldn't get none.

What's your trick to getting it? :)