What the best time of day to shoot pigeons

kamsin

What is the best time, i have been shooting early mornings and late evenings in the hope of shooting during feeding. To be honest not had much luck.

I have around 600 acres to shoot and im not having much luck. I have decoys out and have good hide, realtree combat clothing.

But still not too much luck. Over to you guys (Or girls)

What is the best time, i have been shooting early mornings and late evenings in the hope of shooting during feeding. To be honest not had much luck.

I have around 600 acres to shoot and im not having much luck. I have decoys out and have good hide, realtree combat clothing.

But still not too much luck. Over to you guys (Or girls)

pigeons will normally have two feeds a day under normal circumstances . In the winter they have less daylight time to get the feeds in so will be active for most of the day . In the summer time the birds will normally have a feed at first light and again at around mid day . In the summer they will again have another feed very late in the day and feed untill roost time just before it gets dark . If the birds are on the nest then they will feed at any time that suits them . If you really want to shoot some pigeons then I surgest that you go out at first light and stay out all day you will have more chance of seeing the birds . Nothing like being in the field in the summer and lying down on a bank in the warm sunlight and have a nap .

Harnser .

pigeons will normally have two feeds a day under normal circumstances . In the winter they have less daylight time to get the feeds in so will be active for most of the day . In the summer time the birds will normally have a feed at first light and again at around mid day . In the summer they will again have another feed very late in the day and feed untill roost time just before it gets dark . If the birds are on the nest then they will feed at any time that suits them . If you really want to shoot some pigeons then I surgest that you go out at first light and stay out all day you will have more chance of seeing the birds . Nothing like being in the field in the summer and lying down on a bank in the warm sunlight and have a nap .

Harnser .

Make sure you have hosen the field that the pigeons are feeding in. If there is only a dozen throughout the whole day visiting a particular field then that is not the field that you need to be decoying in. Fields that should provide pigeon shooting at this time of year are rape fields and pastures with clover.

Ivt berries are also showing so trees with ivy on could sho promise in the next month.

You'll get to know the birds best by getting out and watching them.

ATB,

Lee

Make sure you have hosen the field that the pigeons are feeding in. If there is only a dozen throughout the whole day visiting a particular field then that is not the field that you need to be decoying in. Fields that should provide pigeon shooting at this time of year are rape fields and pastures with clover.

Ivt berries are also showing so trees with ivy on could sho promise in the next month.

You'll get to know the birds best by getting out and watching them.

ATB,

Lee

All the fields i shoot at the moment are Rape Fields, down side is, there are 600 acres of them. I spent Saturday sat in the fields just watching where they were fly to and from when the bird scares went off in surounding field. I found a good flight path and sat under it for a couple of hours, Non of the over flying birds came any where near me though, all to high. So with that said the nest thing to address is the Decoys. Reading other posts i need to invest in a good magnet and a couple of bouncers as i have neither at the moment. All mine are static shells with a couple of full bodies that i put on canes.

I have spent time finding the feeding areas too, easy to spot as they have little groth on them compared to the rest of the fields. But the birds change fields for, what to me looks like no reason!

I have also located some of the roosting trees they sit on during most of the day, would i be correct in saying if i draw lines from roost tree to roost tree i should find new flight paths or is that a bit of wishful thinking.

• 3 weeks later...

All the fields i shoot at the moment are Rape Fields, down side is, there are 600 acres of them. I spent Saturday sat in the fields just watching where they were fly to and from when the bird scares went off in surounding field. I found a good flight path and sat under it for a couple of hours, Non of the over flying birds came any where near me though, all to high. So with that said the nest thing to address is the Decoys. Reading other posts i need to invest in a good magnet and a couple of bouncers as i have neither at the moment. All mine are static shells with a couple of full bodies that i put on canes.

I have spent time finding the feeding areas too, easy to spot as they have little groth on them compared to the rest of the fields. But the birds change fields for, what to me looks like no reason!

I have also located some of the roosting trees they sit on during most of the day, would i be correct in saying if i draw lines from roost tree to roost tree i should find new flight paths or is that a bit of wishful thinking.

you can make floaters very easily with dead birds (look on utube) as for a magnet ukshootwarehouse do a great flapper and magnet deal.