"SPORTING ! " what do you think ?

Hi All,most people will have read my posts on the antics of my old syndicate,well I never thought it would come to this! Ihad a call this afternoon to say that the guns had a duck drive and because they would'nt get fly it was they stood round the pound and shot all that were left sitting on the water,now Idont know how other people were tought to shoot but thats not what I call sporting,and even worse two of them had their young sons with them,so what is that teaching their kids,Its also a short distance from a foot path and I just hope that no one was walking on there because if they were seen what on earth would non shooting people make of it.at the moment Im just fumeing.

Dave.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shooting ducks on the water? Really ???

N a side note; your spelling and grammar make it difficult to understand your post. Could you please clarify what happened.

Quite easy to understand the ducks would not fly so they shot them on the water.

Very poor form , they call a easy target a sitting duck for a reason :no:

Shooting ducks on the water? Really ???

N a side note; your spelling and grammar make it difficult to understand your post. Could you please clarify what happened.

The gun surrounded the pond and shot the ducks on the water and im sorry about my grammer and spelling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave that syndicate, you dont need to be shooting with muppets, Same happened on my shoot on a duck flight,& on a seperate occasion we where stood talking waiting to be taken to the next drive, when a gun went off behind me,the same ******** shot a passing Gull & shouted out albino crow.My mate took his gun from him emptied it & smashed the stock over a fence and told the *** its your gun or your neck, you can buy a new gun!

Edited by Davyo

The gun surrounded the pond and shot the ducks on the water and im sorry about my grammer and spelling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a disgrace and totally unsporting ( might as well go to tesco for an oven ready bird!) why do I have a feeling they were using lead shot as well? (big potential fines)

Hi All,most people will have read my posts on the antics of my old syndicate,well I never thought it would come to this! Ihad a call this afternoon to say that the guns had a duck drive and because they would'nt get fly it was they stood round the pound and shot all that were left sitting on the water,now Idont know how other people were tought to shoot but thats not what I call sporting,and even worse two of them had their young sons with them,so what is that teaching their kids,Its also a short distance from a foot path and I just hope that no one was walking on there because if they were seen what on earth would non shooting people make of it.at the moment Im just fumeing.

Dave.

Theres a woman on a group on facebook ranting about exactley what you have just posted :hmm: I think she may well have been on the footpath

Here is what she said

SOME SO CALLED SPORTING PEOPLE WHO STAND ROUND A POND SHOOTING DUCK ARE UTTER ********. THE POOR THINGS DIDNT EVEN HAVE A CHANCE YOU ARE MURDERS. YEAH I WILL NAME AND SHAME YA AND IF I CAN GET YOUR LICENCE TAKEN AWAY I WILL YOU DONT DESERVE TO BE IN CHARGE OF A GUN ...

Chill fella, we sympathise with you but it was a bit difficult to understand your first post. We can see that you are a sportsman who is upset at this behaviour, but it wasn't easy to read.

All the best,

CW.

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

This Sporting term is a JOKE!

Used by any and everyone to justify or lambaste someone.

Everyone is entitled to draw their own line in the sand on "Sporting".

What is Sporting, is it standing in a line waiting for 30 beaters to flush out 10,000 specifically bread birds over your head, is it using the best suited shotgun and most expensive carts you can find, is it joining a syndicate and having your own private party, is it about buying the best cammo you can so the quarry can't see you, etc, etc, etc?

I'd say most shooting is about stacking the odds in the shooters favour, so what is Sporting about that, and who decides what is Sporting?

LOOK IN THE MIRROR!

its a sad state of affairs , its a shame you wasnt there to guide them . didnt they have a dog they could have flushed them with ? if they shot them on the water im guessing and hoping they did .

you my friend are best out of it with these muppets . good luck to you in finding propper guns next season .

adi

This Sporting term is a JOKE!

Used by any and everyone to justify or lambaste someone.

Everyone is entitled to draw their own line in the sand on "Sporting".

What is Sporting, is it standing in a line waiting for 30 beaters to flush out 10,000 specifically bread birds over your head, is it using the best suited shotgun and most expensive carts you can find, is it joining a syndicate and having your own private party, is it about buying the best cammo you can so the quarry can't see you, etc, etc, etc?

I'd say most shooting is about stacking the odds in the shooters favour, so what is Sporting about that, and who decides what is Sporting?

LOOK IN THE MIRROR!

with out wanting to start a huge debate on this thread ,

sporting to me is loosey used when a bird is in flight it has a sporting chance of not getting shot . on the floor or sitting on the end of your barrells is a whole differant thing .

Sporting is described as a quarry that will have a fair chance of getting away ie the bird is in flight and and at a suitable distance that your shot pattern will not damage the carcass to render it in edible but also at a safe distance to ensure a clean kill.

I am sure we have all seen pheasant that have been shot literally on the end of peoples barrels removing either the top, bottom or middle of the bird.

As for shooting ducks sat on a pond that is a disgrace!!!!! As has already been said they dont call them sitting ducks for nothing.

This is shocking behaviour you should name and shame the club for allowing this to happen also putting other shooters in danger from richocets try explaining that to you insurance company!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sporting is described as a quarry that will have a fair chance of getting away ie the bird is in flight and and at a suitable distance that your shot pattern will not damage the carcass to render it in edible but also at a safe distance to ensure a clean kill.

My point entirely, that definition suits you!

I am sure we have all seen pheasant that have been shot literally on the end of peoples barrels removing either the top, bottom or middle of the bird.

So the shooter got in the right place, its called skill!

As for shooting ducks sat on a pond that is a disgrace!!!!! As has already been said they dont call them sitting ducks for nothing.

Apparently they tried to flight them, and then they still had a chance of flight in the commotion of shooting

This is shocking behaviour you should name and shame the club for allowing this to happen also putting other shooters in danger from richocets try explaining that to you insurance company!!!!!

which part of the post said anyone was in danger, were you there did you see the specifics?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The opening post covers little specifics and is hearsay from someone who has an issue, I am making no assumptions here, unlike many who seem to be following like sheep in their condemnation, there are usually two sides to most stories, and I, and many other, have been out perfectly legitimately, legally and safely shooting when some anti has come shouting the odds, that doesn't mean they are right!

Like I said, everyone is entitled to draw their own line in the sand, apparently many here don't think that and are suggesting everyone should bow to their position!

Have a Nice Day! :good::good:

Edited by Dekers

The opening post covers little specifics and is hearsay from someone who has an issue, I am making no assumptions here, unlike many who seem to be following like sheep in their condemnation, there are usually two sides to most stories, and I, and many other, have been out perfectly legitimately, legally and safely shooting when some anti has come shouting the odds, that doesn't mean they are right!

Like I said, everyone is entitled to draw their own line in the sand, apparently many here don't think that and are suggesting everyone should bow to their position!

Have a Nice Day! :good::good:

Spot on fella.The thread isnt deserving of a serious answer so till some evidence shows up we are to go by a bitter sounding OPs conversation via telephone??No thanks.

Theres a woman on a group on facebook ranting about exactley what you have just posted :hmm: I think she may well have been on the footpath

Here is what she said

Hi big Mat, yes shes the Mrs of one of the sydicate guns, he was'nt there yesterday,he was beating for another shoot,he was the one who informed me.