Calling all coons

coyotemaster

Although it looks like we have some snow it is just a dusting from last night, so I have been spending some time calling the raccoon instead of Coyotes. These 10 were taken this past week, some in the daytime some at night, all were taken with the .17 centerfires. I found the 30 gr. bullet a little much for them and went to the 20 vmax at around 3800fps which worked just about perfect. The coon really come hard to the fight call looking to defend territory and it is getting to be breeding season which makes them even more aggressive.

post-43996-0-93658400-1327784979.jpg

Although it looks like we have some snow it is just a dusting from last night, so I have been spending some time calling the raccoon instead of Coyotes. These 10 were taken this past week, some in the daytime some at night, all were taken with the .17 centerfires. I found the 30 gr. bullet a little much for them and went to the 20 vmax at around 3800fps which worked just about perfect. The coon really come hard to the fight call looking to defend territory and it is getting to be breeding season which makes them even more aggressive.

Well done, looks like great fun!! :good:

That's good going Timothy, :yes: well done! :good:

Does this mean that we are going to be seeing a load of Davey Crocket "Coon" style hats for sale on here soon? :lol:

On a serious note: Do you cure the skins to sell? If you do I would be seriously interested in buying one mate!

Edited by Frenchieboy

Great write up and pic Tim.Love looking at other types off shooting photos and stories.Pity some of the other PW members from abroad would put more posts in. :hmm: What scope you got on the rifle,hope you didn't use washable paint on you gun. :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope all your family ok mate.Terry :good:

I can see you look OK :lol: