Essex Masters

twitchynik

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auzzri? Who's he? :P

You got 79 on the first course last year cockstain, I looked it up.

I think you'd said you were on for an 85 but you made a total harris of the rabbit stand and ended up on 79.

True story. So you did better this year. :yes:

To answer your're (sic) first question **** up a rope :good:

Ah that will be it, what did you get ? oh I remember now it was less than me.

To be fair I used Canthitathing's calculator score card device to work out my 85, by the time I typed it was 84, when I posted it was 83, by the time you read it it was 82, by the time you typed it was 81, by the time you posted it was 80 and by the time I read your reply it was 79 so I was right. :unsure: <_<

I might be, but if I am I'll be there first thing as I'd like to get to Marne afterwards. :good:

You are more likely to say you are going then wimp out at the last minute <_<

Many Many thanks to Timps for letting me Play with his Semi on the Second course...I even kissed it a few times :yes:

And thanks for letting me use his AL391 aswell, You're a good lad, I don't care what anyone says.

A great day out only let down by my Rusty ***** shooting, and my inability to shoot a 682 :hmm: I dunny like em.

Well shot to the Lads on my Squad..A pleasure to shoot with them as allways....Apart from Chard :P

Many Many thanks to Timps for letting me Play with his Semi on the Second course...I even kissed it a few times :yes:

And thanks for letting me use his AL391 aswell, You're a good lad, I don't care what anyone says.

A great day out only let down by my Rusty ***** shooting, and my inability to shoot a 682 :hmm: I dunny like em.

Well shot to the Lads on my Squad..A pleasure to shoot with them as allways....Apart from Chard :P

Bell end <_<

Enjoyed another visit to my old playground & had a good day & a nite with some old mates :good: :good:

See plenty of old faces & also some new ones, met up & chatted with Timps & his crew as well as some other locals to MCSC like Keith "SMILER" Riley & co who had also travelled Darn Sarrf !!!

Spent some time with my addopted Parents messrs Dyson & Jay !!!!

All in all another succesfully run event

Off to shoot Coniston tomorrow with some of the MCSC locals.......glad to say its not all grim ooppp North :good: :good:

Shot it today, excellent shoot as always, thoroughly enjoyed it. Got 72 on the red course and 68 on the black (69 according to mine and MCs reckoning although we added the subtotals, not the hits. So a 140 and beat my previous attempts by a far margin.

I think i got every score available from 1 to 10! I was pleased with myself on a few stands that i thought i'd struggle on, namely that battue and crosser on the last stand of red i managed 5. The ones i struggled on were just beyond my capabilities, can't say fairer than that.

And to echo Chard, it got weary on the last 50, everything was aching despite my Bruce Lee like fitness levels.

Loved every moment of it. :good:

I can only tell you MC finished on 142. No idea what everyone else got.

Shot it today, excellent shoot as always, thoroughly enjoyed it. Got 72 on the red course and 68 on the black (69 according to mine and MCs reckoning although we added the subtotals, not the hits. So a 140 and beat my previous attempts by a far margin.

I think i got every score available from 1 to 10! I was pleased with myself on a few stands that i thought i'd struggle on, namely that battue and crosser on the last stand of red i managed 5. The ones i struggled on were just beyond my capabilities, can't say fairer than that.

And to echo Chard, it got weary on the last 50, everything was aching despite my Bruce Lee like fitness levels.

Well done mate, excellent effort and score :good:

Good shooting Mark. You did well on that last stand on Red. I only got 2 on that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mind you, it was the last stand of the day for me, as we did the Black first, and I was just about done for by then :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Final scores on the doors from PW shots at the Essex Masters yesterday :

Azzurri - 182 :good: Leading AA Class at the moment. Great shooting G

Chard - 160 :sly: That was my target. It's almost like my brain switched off as soon as I reached it <_<

Timps - 152ish :good: 83 on the Black course, had a bit of a mare on the Red one

Canthitathing - 148 :good: This went from 150 to 149 to 148 :lol: Any advance on 148?

Anni - 131 :good: Bad do on the Black course with a 682, borrowed Timps's semi auto for the Red course and looked much more at home. :yes:

Great shoot as always. Weather was great, which was a relief, as the forecast wasn't.

I shot an OK 83 on the Black course. I traditionally collapse in the afternoon at this event, as I don't seem to have the mental capacity or stamina for an all day 200 bird shoot, but I wasn't quite so bad this year. I did collapse, but not till the last few stands in the afternoon, which I shot very badly. I couldn't seem to swing the gun properly any more and my eyes had had enough :lol:

160 was my best score at the Masters in the 4 years I've shot it, so I suppose I'm going in the right direction. I think the biggest single thing I could do to improve at this event would be to get fitter :hmm:

Some very tasty targets. I was pleased to have just dropped one on the Black course stand that defeated Mr Digweed, but unfortunately, couldn't match his performance on the rest of the course :lol:

Superb organisation, no trap breakdowns, no delays. Refs were superb, with no exceptions. This is how comps should be run.

Got everything crossed for Azzurri, hope you keep up there chap, it was a great performance.

Was a pleasure to meet Sipe-ist off the forum, albeit briefly, while we were waiting around at the Pool Shoot. Seemed a top bloke, hope you shot well, fella

Good luck to MC, Taz, 300-Watt Bob and co, who are shooting today :good:

148 Now :o ..........**** me if it drops much lower It'll look like I only did one course and then ****** off home :angry:

Good shooting Mark. You did well on that last stand on Red. I only got 2 on that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mind you, it was the last stand of the day for me, as we did the Black first, and I was just about done for by then :rolleyes:

Cheers mate. Yep, it was a killer, i couldn't handle the teal on the last stand of the black course.

Well done dude!!! "Somebodys been practising" said in your best Happy Gilmore voice!!!!! :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Well shot Azzurri, that is how it should be done :yes::) .

Thanks H :yes::good:

Really enjoyed both courses,but I have to give credit to the guys on my squad,Craig,Rich,Al,Chris and Nick W :good: They were great company on the day with just the right mix of banter between stands and then concentration when it mattered,they helped me along :good: :good:

Did you get down there and Muller a few yourself H ?

Azzurri

We were first squad out on Friday :) , also a very good mix of squad but I personally didn't do them justice - 82/83 ! I suffered big time on the distant simmo Teal and simmo double aways.

One year I chose to shoot midday and only just made it time wise so was flustered all the way, this year I chose early which meant getting up at 5.00, this doesn't appear to be a good idea either. :huh:

I was personally very happy with the targets bar the two mentioned, I honestly think they looked straightable and that's good enough for me. I fancy Kevin Howland to put in a good score today, he's good at building scores quietly ;) . Hope you pick up a good place. :yes:

We were first squad out on Friday :) , also a very good mix of squad but I personally didn't do them justice - 82/83 ! I suffered big time on the distant simmo Teal and simmo double aways.

One year I chose to shoot midday and only just made it time wise so was flustered all the way, this year I chose early which meant getting up at 5.00, this doesn't appear to be a good idea either. :huh:

I was personally very happy with the targets bar the two mentioned, I honestly think they looked straightable and that's good enough for me. I fancy Kevin Howland to put in a good score today, he's good at building scores quietly ;) . Hope you pick up a good place. :yes:

I know what you mean about the simo double aways,on the black course I made a real mess of the last stand dropping 4,made a real hole in my card,I wouldn't mind but i'm normally okay with that type of presentation :rolleyes: Then I think it was stand 3? on the red course with another pair of going aways,I was still that ****** off with my earlier efforts I just got stuck right into them and cleared the stand,confidence restored :good:

If I can I always stay over these days,just avoids the stress and 100mph eyes when I get in the first stand,hate rushing around as I get enough of that all week ;):lol:

It will be interesting to see if someone gets on top of it today,thought Phil Gray was going to do it on friday the way he was shooting,watched him shoot a few stands and the long battue and midi on the red course,only chipped his second to last pair then absolutely murdered the last pair for a straight....fantastic stuff :good:

Azzurri

Edited by Azzurri