Essex Masters

twitchynik

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the score is there to be beaten, my money is on either mark Winser or nick Hendrick. I think black is about a 94 and red 96-97, seems a bit windier today so that may push a few out or pull a few in... Good luck to those left to shoot.

I have watched nick shoot a couple of times he makes it look very easy hope he does put a good score in gordon

Really not interested at the mo mate, too many things going on to really get into it: as soon as I miss a few I pretty much jack it in (as shown 85 on red!). Was a bit happier with 93 on black but when you miss birds you know you should murder it makes me get the hump!!

Glad mark wo though, top lad.

I'm having a couple weeks off now, got a holiday coming up and after tommo a lot should be off my plate work wise so should be back to shoooting like a man in time for the big ones... I hope!

Well i had a disaster....worse Masters I have ever shot, all I wanted to do was beat my previos best of 140 and Failed miserably.

Did the red course first,

dropped one on first stand and then straighted the second, thought yep i can do this, dropped 1 or 2 more before the rabbit and white clay, when they let us see one i did not see the white clay at all, but to make matters worse,the rabbit(which i dont usually have a problem with) completely bamboozled me!!!! so got a big fat 0 something i havent done for at least 5 years :blush:

So as you can imagine confidence at an all time low.....1 on next stand unbeliveable......then missed all of the second rabbit....finished on 55...wanted to go home!!!

Had the lunchbreak and chilled.

Black in the afternoon Started well, broke a lot of the rangy battues and the high stuff, even the ridiculous one over the lake..........but the rabbit defeated me again!!!

the very last stand was catching a lot of people out, the fast going away, I managed 8/10 of those reactions kicked in but far too late did a 69!!

Things i did wrong:

Turned up

Used new gun should have stuck to what Im used to

Had **** taken out of me last year for doing a lot of choke changing....didnt this year...should have!! I was dusting rangey stuff, perhaps 3/4 was to tight for the closer stuff

Only third clay shoot this year.....too much game shooting over winter

Bottom line is....I was Pants!!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Deserved congratulations to Azzurri for his AA Class win. It was a pleasure to watch :good: Over the moon for you G :yes:

Congratulations are also due to Sipe-ist from the forum who got in the A Class prize list, if my detective work is correct, well shot, Sir and it was good to meet you :good:

Deserved congratulations to Azzurri for his AA Class win. It was a pleasure to watch :good: Over the moon for you G :yes:

Congratulations are also due to Sipe-ist from the forum who got in the A Class prize list, if my detective work is correct, well shot, Sir and it was good to meet you :good:

Top shooting both of you - well done :good:

I assume there is complete listing somewhere?

I've not seen one, and I've shot every one of these events.

You only get a summary of the class scores, I don't know why they don't enter them onto the CPSA software that they use for Reg events at the same ground, everybody likes to know where they stand overall.. :hmm:

Cat.

Edited by Catamong

already seen it stu. :blush:

doh! :lol:

fair play and big respect to those than can drag a big score out of shooting that stuff :good: , it just wasnt my cup of tea.

Ed, some nice spot shooting there :) at least you did recover on the black and put a good score in :good:

Yeah well shot G :good: Most consistant shooting I've ever watched :yes:

Thoroughly enjoyed my first Essex Masters, great shoot, clockwork organisation and great company as per usual. :good: Your class win just tops it off nicely :good:

Well done mate :good:

I must've missed Sipe-ist :hmm: Where the hell was I ???