what car for a 17 year old who has just passed? 4x4

miniswell

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Cousin is insured on a 110 defender G reg wasn't too bad on the 2.5 turbo lump until it blew up and they fitted a 200tdi insurance classed it as a mod and policy rocketed!

Best bet is buy an old fergie tractor at 15 insure it on the road at 16 and then take the NCB (its been sat in field) over to your first car.

I passed my test 2 months ago n bought a 1.8 landrover free lander commercial thinking the insurance wouldnt be to bad n the lowest quote I had was 10 grand !

yep thats why so expensive freelander is a car not a working 4x4

in NFU if its working 4x4 like comercial or softtop they know its for rar use not for school run.

Although I dont like freelanders happychappy246 freelander is a comercial ie; a working version of the freelander. Plus NFU are **** for LR insurance they wanted over £500 tpft for my Defender (comercial), I only pay £144 fc through my insurance company

Edited by Luckyshot

Thats not the biggest mistake……..the biggest mistake was buying a freelander :oops: :oops: :oops:

Noooooo don't remind me,my vcu and head gasket were going at 80'000 miles so I let we buy any car have it...I did warn them but they took it and didn't heed my advice don't think the guy who took it new what a vcu was...I bet he does now! I also had a 1.8 petrol 2005 model :blush:

Edited by tomhw100

Noooooo don't remind me,my vcu and head gasket were going at 80'000 miles so I let we buy any car have it...I did warn them but they took it and didn't heed my advice don't think the guy who took it new what a vcu was...I bet he does now! I also had a 1.8 petrol 2005 model :blush:

No one in their right mind should buy one of them unless its derv and even then you have to be gay, retarded or a woman :lol: :lol:

No one in their right mind should buy one of them unless its derv and even then you have to be gay, retarded or a woman :lol: :lol:

Hence the reason I got rid of it why it was still worth something! Hope your not calling me gay or a woman although retard I probably deserve :oops:

Edited by tomhw100

I knew I wasn't getting a proper Landy...would of loved a 90 or110 but at the time I was doing a lot of travelling for my job and they aren,t the most comfortable things are they...to be fair it did work surprisingly well in wet **** only got her stuck once in a ditch and sunk up to the sump and axels :blush: .... it was about 6inches deep :lol: :lol: Na only joking it was deep though.