What Air Rifle for Barn / Yard Clearing

sepulchre

As some of the gents on here have mentioned the TX200 and it is a superb underlever action spring powered air-rifle.

The rifle that i will always recommend is the superb Weihrauch HW80 break-barrel action Spring rifle.This particular rifle is one of the best spring guns ever made!You could pick either rifles up secondhand in and around your budget!

If you want a PCP gun then obviously they come more pricier.If your going to do a lot of Air-rifle shooting then you may want to consider going down the PCP road.

ATB.

I'm liking your post thanks :) i checked a review here http://www.gunmart.net/gun_review/air_arms_tx200_vs_the_weihrauch_hw97k :) Im liking this forum you guys rock!

Before you buy an air rifle ask the farmer if he would mind someone chasing the pigeons out with a landing net while, a few guns shoot them. On one of my permissions the farmer wanted his white dove/pigeons thinning out. He had a few hundred and they fly between the same two barns that are about 400 yardsapart as the crow flys. So my dad, myself and two mates positioned ourselves between the two barn and took turns waving the landing net around inside the barns. He is now happy with only 40 pigeons left. It was like a driven pigeon shoot. Great fun! :good:

Alas not an option as on both counts there is no room to drive pigeons more than 40 feet and its a bit close to a public road to let the 12G's at 'em, would be good fun though

Go for a springer. Self contained and easily maintained. A TX-200 or a HW80/97 would be ideal. The TX-200 and the 97k are probably the best springers you can buy and will last a lifetime if looked after properly. As for caliber, personally I'd go for .22. More stopping power :good:

Another superb rifle that no-one I don't think has mentioned is the Weihrauch HW77!An outstanding underlever spring gun that basicly started the Field Target scene back in the Eighties!This air-rifle has a lengendary status for build qulity and outstanding accuracy!

My recommendations for secondhand rifles in your budget are as follows;

HW80,HW77,HW97,TX200.

Well didn't quite pan out as i intended (HW97K), but the deal I got on my new S/H air rifle :) was just too good to miss, its in excellent as new condition, Came with a Nikko Scope, Berretta Gun Slip, Pellets, cleaning bits and bobs and I can upgrade it to a FAC, would of prefered it in .22 but will make do with .177.......... Thanks for all of your input, Say hi to my new Pigeon Bashing BSA XL Tactical - Cost £150

post-54326-0-05919100-1328519342.jpg

Edited by sepulchre