advise required

clone

Hello all,

Now that rabbit season is up and runnig again and my shoots are getting full of rabbits i have decided that its time that i spent some moore money on my beloved sport and give my lighting xl a well earned rest but the question is how do i invest my well earned cash wisley and get the best out of my money ? then suddenly i had i great idea, i thought that i would ask all the helpfull people on pigeon watch for there thoughts and get some good advise from the all round good eggs so here it goes

i have decided to go for a precharged air rifle and have been drawn towards the logun solo, and after reading many reviews it seems that i will get alot of gun for the £300, i went to the local gun shop and fell in love with it its a short rifle just like the xl, light and has good looks to boot, but there is one draw back i heard that some of the earlier solos had a problem with the floating barrel, so logun have released the barrel band to go with it but does this cure the problem or just reduce it ?

then the question is do i spend a little more money and go for the falcon fn12 raptor that is a multi shot, again has all the thing that i am looking for but isnt reviewed as much on the web and has a low fill capacity ?

or can you guys in your infanate wisdom advise me of any other pcps to look at before i take the plunge -

I like the idea of the multi shot but i wanna stay below £400 for the rifle due to the cost of additional silencer,scope,bag and filling equipment

thanks for reading my post and i hope to get some good advise

i did post the same question onto the airgun universe but i didnt seem to get the response i was looking for i hope you guys here can help

hi there I shoot a falcon myself i have it as dedicated night vision rifle you can get 40 shots per charge and if you think about it it is not often you go out and use all of them. The solo is cracking rifle and they are releasing the mag kit for it but it will be manual index which is not ideal. I all so shoot a raider 10, A/A s410k,S16 and a tx200hc but the falcon is by far my most favourite of the lot just because it handles so well

you would be getting a far far nicer gun if you got the aa s400, hornet and scorpion are also much nicer and still nice and cheap.

with the s400 you would have a rig that would compete in the ukahft without any tinkering or cash spent, it would hold its value and be very reliable.

dont buy a logun :good:

Guest jonrms

I personally like the solo better... I find it very easy to use.. the single shot is the down side. but then again there are alot of plus sides... I can easily group at 30 meters..... and take down for a rabbit is about 50 yards.

but everyone has there own opionion... this is just mine.... i like the feel... and the easy to use mechanics..... only down side is no safty catch.

id go for the aa s410 ive had 1 about 2 months and its crackin cant fault it very accurate and built to last i had a bsa hornet wasnt as good at grouping ive took woody at 40 yards throught the head and neck with mine its the 1 in the avatar

I find the BSA Ultra great value for money. Not a lot of shots, but good enough.

As for accuracy, I can hit a 50p piece constantly at 55 Yards all day long on a windless say.

Small for woodland and cramped hide conditions, and I have killed rabbits at 50 Yards with it.

Due to it being a carbine, and a very short one at that (32") it has a louder "crack" than an average

pcp. You can however change the silencer for another, I use a Weihrauch one from a HW100 because

it screws into the threaded end and does a good job of reducing the noise more.

With it being so small it does not suffer from sideways wind as much. We have a AAs410 as well, nice

and also a damn accurate rifle.

Nick

Hi,

2 words... AIR ARMS! :rolleyes: I was getting 1 inch groupings with mine in .22 today at 55 paces. :yes:

FM :good:

aas400 with silencer, cant be beat. Funny how many times you have been told that. the 410 is a lot of fun, but you can live without the 10 shots. Though the qick fire is a hell of a lot of fun, and sometimes two shots are better than one.

Hi,

2 words... AIR ARMS! :good: I was getting 1 inch groupings with mine in .22 today at 55 paces. :sly:

FM :sly:

aas400 with silencer, cant be beat. Funny how many times you have been told that. the 410 is a lot of fun, but you can live without the 10 shots. Though the qick fire is a hell of a lot of fun, and sometimes two shots are better than one.

:yes: i have a solution - i'm making a 2-shot block for my aas200 :rolleyes: