Lamp shy rabbits

bunnybasher84

Hey everyone, don't know if anyone has any advise but I've been shooting the land I have for nearly 3 years and in the last 5 months the rabbits have become really lamp shy. They used to just stand there till either they got bored or they caught a round, but lately as soon as the lamp goes on they scatter. I've tried changing the filter or having no filter at all, it doesn't make a difference. Do rabbits remember? Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Joe.

Hey everyone, don't know if anyone has any advise but I've been shooting the land I have for nearly 3 years and in the last 5 months the rabbits have become really lamp shy. They used to just stand there till either they got bored or they caught a round, but lately as soon as the lamp goes on they scatter. I've tried changing the filter or having no filter at all, it doesn't make a difference. Do rabbits remember? Any ideas? Thanks in advance

no afence mate but if one of your frends kept droping dead

every time a flash light come on you, i think you"d remember :lol:

iver get some new shooting land or change your techique to day or a ferret

i to have the same with my permishins and i use the frase(there shot to death) :rolleyes:

Is there someone else lamping the land ? I have recently had the same problem, normally they're not very jumpy because there is a dual carriageway behind my shooting position and they get used to lights flashing by, but now they scarper unless I wind the lamp up very slowly with the dimmer. I've never needed a filter before, but am considering a red filter now.

Yes, there's 4 other people 3 of which are friend's but we all go together usually but we don't over shoot it and the other guy hardly goes because he has too much land. But I know the land has problems with poachers as ive had scrapes with them myself (almost to the point of trading bullets) so that's the only thing I can think it is.

Thanks for the replies, I also thought it might be because of too much lamping ill have a word with the owner.

Where I shoot everybody and his mate comes along during the night with the Lurchers. This has had a very negative effect on my shooting as the rabbits run at the first sign of light, whether it's filtered or not. Can't remember the amount of times I've been lamped myself. Had to warn a few boys off that they were trespassing the other night. By observing the rabbits and not shooting over the next 3 weeks, I'll be able to tell whether the poachers have taken heed of my warning.