O/U or Semi Auto

chady

Semi Auto or O/U  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Semi Auto or O/U

Hi.

After my first gun. I was looking at O/U, but after visiting various shops and a million websites I have started thinking about semi auto's!

and now a bit confused!

what would you shoot Clays with and why?

jamie

i usa a side by side fore clays and pigeons so it is personal choice sorry its up to you

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer an O/U it is easyer to see the gun is unloaded important as you are moveing around a lot at clay shoots and it does'nt chuck cases all over the shop

but i can see the advantage of a semi if you are shooting pidgeons which does not require movement between stands.

I use a pump, which is pretty much the same as a semi in most ways.

At clay shoots it's just polite and common sense to keep it pointed in a safe direction when not on the stand, obviously it's empty but if it's pointed away from people it's sensible. I've never had people worry when I've been carrying mine around.

The fact they can take 3 shots is irrelevant for clays, I've never seen anybody load 3 in and if they did I'd expect they'd be spoken to, it's not the done thing.

I don't think many people care about semi's chucking carts everywhere, places I go seem to accept that semi's will be used, I think the people who annoy everyone are those with O/U who can't be bothered to catch their shells, that's annoying!