Blaser F3 strip

Piers Austin

Hi, has anybody dismantled a Blaser F3 for a check, clean and oil? There seems to be so much secrecy about it! After all it's just another machine put together by another homo sapiens. If not, I will study it, solve it and get on with the job and report back. Cheers

Edited by Piers Austin

I think that Blaser's are a little bit over complicated, just for the sake of being different. For instance what really is the point of having a removable breech face? I think if Blaser spent more time getting their barrel regulation sorted out they would have a better gun. But of course there in lies one of Blaser's problems. They think they know better than anyone else.

I think that Blaser's are a little bit over complicated, just for the sake of being different. For instance what really is the point of having a removable breech face? I think if Blaser spent more time getting their barrel regulation sorted out they would have a better gun. But of course there in lies one of Blaser's problems. They think they know better than anyone else.

Oh dear me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My barrels are O.K. :good:

Hi, has anybody dismantled a Blaser F3 for a check, clean and oil? There seems to be so much secrecy about it! After all it's just another machine put together by another homo sapiens. If not, I will study it, solve it and get on with the job and report back. Cheers

Come on , have you managed it yet?

Yeah I've did it on several Blasers and a couple of my own, stock off - hold upside down & spray with brake cleaner to get any dirt out that might have crept it, leave to dry for a few minutes and then a nice very light dustin of either Blaser spray grease or Brunox, leave standin upside down until any excess runs off and a wee wipe with tissue to dry it off and rebuild, Happy days and ready to shoot after 15 minutes max. :good:

I have owned a fair number of guns and have had the stock off virtually all of them. Blaser seem to be quite simple compared to almost all of them. I can't recall one which was more simple. I can recall those which looked more complicated:-

BRNO

Browning

Miroku

Franchi

Laurona

Winchester

Beretta

• 3 weeks later...

Okay everybody, job done. For the stock, you need a 5mm hex drive bit on a 220mm (8.1/2") long extension. Nut is dished to guide you in. Tension on stock is by a pack of bellville washers. For action plate underneath, there is a small grub (allen) screw which locks the slotted screw, remove this first! Look at the end where barrel lug drops in, allen key size is 0.9mm. Otherwise just oil and grease in strategic places as per normal. Cheers

Okay everybody, job done. For the stock, you need a 5mm hex drive bit on a 220mm (8.1/2") long extension. Nut is dished to guide you in. Tension on stock is by a pack of bellville washers. For action plate underneath, there is a small grub (allen) screw which locks the slotted screw, remove this first! Look at the end where barrel lug drops in, allen key size is 0.9mm. Otherwise just oil and grease in strategic places as per normal. Cheers

I am disappointed, I expected a full strip down complete with a video :lol:

• 3 weeks later...