A couple of foxes......

southdowns_stalking

Was up nice and early saterday morning to crack on with the roe cull. Up in the tower by 0615hrs and a rather cold -9oc. Saw nothing for the first couple of hours and the toes were getting a little cold by then. Just after 0830 i glassed a nice roe buck working up a hedge but apart from that no other roe were seen. Just about to leave about 1000hrs when a couple of crows landed in one of the fields, 6.5x55 was put down and the 22-250 came out and hit the spot at just under 200yds.

EastHampshire-20120204-00486.jpg

Just getting my stuff together when out the corner of my eye i catch some movement, charlie was trotting up the field towards the crow i just shot. Rifle back up, quick squeek to stop her, as she looked stright at me the round hit home. Turned round to put the rifle down and there was another, about 210yrds to my right, rifle back up and down went the 2nd. All 3 kills within 5 mins and both foxes within 20secs.

009-1.jpg

Neat :good:

Just noticed how you have the barrel on that there rest, is that how you rest your rifle then?

U.

This was just a quick photo with the camera on the timer, know what you were going to say aboutthe barrel :good:

bloodyhell that looks high up, i wouldnt wanna go up there and it get windy

Its on the top of 4 telegraph poles :o does not move as its bedded 4ft into solid chalk.

Great stuff, what general area are you in there, South Hampshire was mild and no frost at all. all the doom and gloom that was forecast hasnt occurred down here.

ps if you need a hand with your doe cull I am on holiday this week :rolleyes:

Hi Doc,

Up near Petersfield, always get it worse this side of the hill.

Ok thanks, will let you know :good: