Dr johns gold/silver

darren m

Cant say I have ever heard of it.

Where have you seen it?

It is quite surprising how differently priced so called VAT free dog foods are from place to place - Mole valley had Beta active VAT Free at £18.99, then in Pets at Home it was 23.99 and same price as all the other non vat free range

I've tried silver and gold for my cocker, it was ok at first but she went off it fairly quickly. After each 15 kg bag I went back to skinners duck and rice and found she had more energy and looked a little better. I paid £11 a bag but to be honest I'm now happy to pay double for the skinners. In short it'll work but there are better products.

Got 1 Ess (9 yo) and 2 labs ( 5yo & 18m), and been fed on Silver for all their lives, as all my previous dogs. They are full time workers and no problems. It's only 18% protein, but anyone who knows my dogs, will vouch that they work 100%, all day. £9.59 where I get mine from :good:

Got 1 Ess (9 yo) and 2 labs ( 5yo & 18m), and been fed on Silver for all their lives, as all my previous dogs. They are full time workers and no problems. It's only 18% protein, but anyone who knows my dogs, will vouch that they work 100%, all day. £9.59 where I get mine from :good:

Ditto for mine, 2 ess, 1 jrt and 1 lab, all do OK on silver out of season, gold in season. £9.49 per bag

Ditto for mine, 2 ess, 1 jrt and 1 lab, all do OK on silver out of season, gold in season. £9.49 per bag

Bu&&er, i'm being robbed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never changed mine from silver throughout, except when bitches have been in pup, then go onto high protein, but from Purina, £22 a bag :oops: Same with pups :good:

If the 15kg bag retails at £9, i wonder how much they spend on ingredients?. ANY dog food with cereals as the main ingredient is rubbish

Well my nine year old working lab is on it and is fitter than ever - even the vet always comments and asks what I feed him on so it cant be all bad!

If the 15kg bag retails at £9, i wonder how much they spend on ingredients?. ANY dog food with cereals as the main ingredient is rubbish

its a blinkered view that the more you pay the better as many spend far more on advertising and promoting themselves and the cost of the food has to be more to pay for it, when you look at the cereal issue not many don't have it. Mine thrives on the gold mixed with either tinned food or raw meat when I have it about.

its a blinkered view that the more you pay the better as many spend far more on advertising and promoting themselves and the cost of the food has to be more to pay for it, when you look at the cereal issue not many don't have it. Mine thrives on the gold mixed with either tinned food or raw meat when I have it about.

why add tinned or raw meat when the food is sold as a "complete" food??. Most complete foods have cereals in them,that is correct, but not as the MAIN ingredient!!!. I have yet to see a wildlife program where a pack of dogs/wolves stalk a field of wheat!

why add tinned or raw meat when the food is sold as a "complete" food??. Most complete foods have cereals in them,that is correct, but not as the MAIN ingredient!!!. I have yet to see a wildlife program where a pack of dogs/wolves stalk a field of wheat!

pretty much all complete foods have cereals in, mine has tinned added purely as she likes it and to add a bit of variety. The portion is hard to determine with any of them as none actually say the exact composition.

pretty much all complete foods have cereals in, mine has tinned added purely as she likes it and to add a bit of variety. The portion is hard to determine with any of them as none actually say the exact composition.

The first ingredient listed on the bag,cereal in dr john's case, is the one which there is the most of within the said bag.