Lakeland Terrier

Q West

Hi

I'm looking to buy a terrier pup. My Mrs would like a lakeland and I would like a working terrier. So as a compromise I'm looking for a wirehair working terrier of similar size to a lakeland.

Any members on here know of any working terrier pups that will meet my requirements in the South West?

Any and all info much appreciated

Cheers

Q

Hi

just make sure you buy a working strain of lakeland and not one of the poncy show dogs :good::D

best of luck

Hi

I'm looking to buy a terrier pup. My Mrs would like a lakeland and I would like a working terrier. So as a compromise I'm looking for a wirehair working terrier of similar size to a lakeland.

Any members on here know of any working terrier pups that will meet my requirements in the South West?

Cheers

Q

i would go down a working terrier route, forget solid earth dogs. maybe little moochers and ratters, if you were in the north west i could of lined a pup up for you as a few lads i know have had litters, borders and patts,

i dont know if this will appeal to you but what about a working bedlington?? that would be an option

Go for a border. Brilliant little dogs with the heart of a lion but also great with other dogs, kids and people. But not cats! Mine hates cats, can't even say the word or any word containing 'cat' as it sends him mental! Lol!

All terriers are brilliant though (but don't get a teacup yorkie, more likely be eaten by a rat!). Spaniels are brilliant as well!

In fact, get a terrier and a spaniel like I have - a brilliant team, the spaniel finds it, the terrier kills it haha!

my little terrier,he.s a fell,sometimes called patterdale bought him direct from the ullswater hunt kennels years ago before the ban.in my opinion if you want a working dog by from working strain.beware lakelands can be really agressive towards other dogs.you want to be looking for something along the old middleton lines excellent working dogs.or the nuttal/gould lines for patterdales.after having and working terries in the past i would advise a border they seem to be a more placid terrier and also great workers if from working stock.i wouldnt buy from anything else other than working stock.hope this helps.

post-18875-0-48260200-1329249524.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi

Cheers

Q

bedlington x whippet beautiful dogs

and will work rats and rabbits

and they don`t too ground!!!

you would fall in love with it

so quick and i thank your Mrs

would like cause it is great with

people and is stunning!