devon and cornwall firearms

Tomm

hello, just wondering out of curiosity after reading that someone got given an open certificate on there first application without actually asking for one what devon and cornwall firearms views on open certificates were? did you get one right away. did you have to ask or how long did you have to wait?

thanks

Tom

That's the piece of string question......

D&C is a big area and covers very diverse landscapes, there will undoubtedly be different views/opinions/answers in different parts.

I have done a reasonable amount of shooting in the area, rifles and shotguns, and there has been a pretty relaxed attitude generally (from my experience), to the extent of 4 of us walking down a country lane at 02.00 in the morning, seriously tooled up, strolling past the local FEO's house! :hmm::yes::yes:

Let me say I didn't feel that easy about it, but was assured this sort of thing just isn't a problem in the area!

So, Unrestricted FAC on First Grant :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

EDIT

Don't overlook the obvious, they may well have simply cocked up! :yes::yes:

Edited by Dekers

Devon & Cornwall want a minimum of 3 years experience before opening a ticket up. I foolishly added a Centrefire after 2 years with Rimfire and that reset the clock so now have to wait until renewal at 5 years before it will be opened up.

Having said that I know of 2 people who have had it inadvertantly opened up after a couple of months when they've sent it in for a variation.

Edited by scout