New .17HMR

dave dog

Hi all

Looking at getting another HMR, i am relucante to buy another Marlin although it was good accurate rifle and have 2 spare mags for one.

I was looking at either Browing T Bolt or CZ. I would be getting the 16" barrel and wonder wants the general opinion on these 2 were.

I have tried a sako quad, which i did like but some have told to stay clear of them.

Any ideas.

Dave

My next .17HMR which I'm getting shortly will be either a CZ 452 Thumbhole Varmint or the CZ 455 Thumbhole Varmint.On the performance side they are both superbly accurate rifles.The stunning Laminated Stocks of these rifles make them very pleasing to he eye too.

Take a closer look at both of these.Beautiful!

ATB

I have a cz 452 thumbhole and it is a fantastic gun, mine has the varmint barrel which i regret as it does get a bit heavy after a long walk, not bad with a sling but when it is raining i carry it with my left arm and keep my right hand over the scope lens.

If i were looking again i would want to take a good look at the weirhauch hw60j.

Tom

I have a cz 452 thumbhole and it is a fantastic gun, mine has the varmint barrel which i regret as it does get a bit heavy after a long walk, not bad with a sling but when it is raining i carry it with my left arm and keep my right hand over the scope lens.

If i were looking again i would want to take a good look at the weirhauch hw60j.

Tom

Tom the Varmint barrel is not that heavy is it?

I used to own a Marlin 917 VS rifle. I customised it and sold it to buy a decent shotgun. I now have a free slot and was also looking at the browning T bolt. I like the fast bolt, 2 10round cylindrical mags, with one being stored in the buttplate, all these little bits I like. I would consider something thumbhole, but they are expensive, especially the anschutz considering it will be a tool that gets chucked on the quad or in the truck.

Edited by 12borejimbo

Both really nice rifles there, i have a CZ452 and the only other i would consider would be a browning T bolt other than another CZ. I havent shot the T bolt but a synthetic stock and SAK would make for a real nice little all weather rabbit and force provided close range fox gun ! :good:

Topped with a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50, scrap the SAk, put a DM80 on. mmmmmmmmm.

Edited by 12borejimbo

Jim I just dont see the need for such extpesive glass on the HMR and also the DM80 offers very little over the SAK other than alot more weight up front ! :good:

Your dead right there, but get a DM80, its a good mod, I was disgusted at how much crud the HMR makes, stripped my DM80 after 50 rounds and it wad like emptying a coal bunker! Buit sound wise, not much different to be honest!

My next .17HMR which I'm getting shortly will be either a CZ 452 Thumbhole Varmint or the CZ 455 Thumbhole Varmint.On the performance side they are both superbly accurate rifles.The stunning Laminated Stocks of these rifles make them very pleasing to he eye too.

Take a closer look at both of these.Beautiful!

ATB

I've got a CZ455 but in .22lr. The benefit of the 455 is you can get the 17HMR barrel and change it at your leisure without too much hassle. Two rifles for the price of one.

My link

Edited by Uncle Albert