when best laid plans......

Lancs Lad

So, this weekend, Im all up for it....

Ive finaly got hold of some flying pigeon bouncers and my home made spring bouncing pigeons are ready.... There are birds on the field tonight and they will be there tomorrow.

Alarm set, 0345hrs........Im off to bed.....

Erm.....dream, hello......you should be awake now........

Alarm not gone off....its now 0530.......its light..get up quick...get gear, walk over to the field..get set up......

Decoys are out........my new home made spring pigeons are happily nodding. Must remember to bring some fishing line to get them to bounce when there is no wind.....Note to self in memory...

WAIT FOR THEM TO COME IN.......the first one is going on the bouncer to bring more in.......

Theres loads of starlings on the cut meadow....Im hiding in the bushes near the rape field, its in seed now and Ive got a nice patch of grass where the woodies graze. Its a bit late, but I should have a good day....

Out pops a rabbit,,,,,Im not shooting them today as Im going for the pigeons.............PHFFUUTTT....

1 rabbit down.............20yds in the bonce........Oh, did I say Im not shooting them...........ah well.

Wait for piggys..........................wait for piggys................wait for piggys.................this goes on for an hour...............

bounce bounce..................out pops a 3/4 adult wabbit..........PHFFUUUTTT.......and a miss out at 35yds....off he runs...........stops............clunk click.........phffuutttt.......should have kept going......another one taken......

Wait for piggys........................wait for piggys...................wait for piggys....................this goes on for another hour........................Ohhh..theres a pigeon.......... and hes not stopping......

Hippety, hoppety.............out in the rape field...I can see its ears.......bounce bounce.........No clear shot, hes covered by the rape......boing boing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whats he doing talking to that decoy........

Boing, hop, boing......can I squeze a .22 through that gap in the rape......phhhffuuttt....

And its another one...........

Wait for piggys.....................wait fr piggys..................wait for piggys..................this goes on for another hour.............

Got to get home to look after mini me...................guess what,,,,,no piggys........however my decoy pattern is FANTASTIC for bringing in rabbits.........

Was the same again today......but this time I was up for 4am........2 more bunnies.....no pigeons...........gaurantee they will be on the field later this evening when I cant get over there......

So, this weekend, Im all up for it....

Ive finaly got hold of some flying pigeon bouncers and my home made spring bouncing pigeons are ready.... There are birds on the field tonight and they will be there tomorrow.

Alarm set, 0345hrs........Im off to bed.....

Erm.....dream, hello......you should be awake now........

Alarm not gone off....its now 0530.......its light..get up quick...get gear, walk over to the field..get set up......

Decoys are out........my new home made spring pigeons are happily nodding. Must remember to bring some fishing line to get them to bounce when there is no wind.....Note to self in memory...

WAIT FOR THEM TO COME IN.......the first one is going on the bouncer to bring more in.......

Theres loads of starlings on the cut meadow....Im hiding in the bushes near the rape field, its in seed now and Ive got a nice patch of grass where the woodies graze. Its a bit late, but I should have a good day....

Out pops a rabbit,,,,,Im not shooting them today as Im going for the pigeons.............PHFFUUTTT....

1 rabbit down.............20yds in the bonce........Oh, did I say Im not shooting them...........ah well.

Wait for piggys..........................wait for piggys................wait for piggys.................this goes on for an hour...............

bounce bounce..................out pops a 3/4 adult wabbit..........PHFFUUUTTT.......and a miss out at 35yds....off he runs...........stops............clunk click.........phffuutttt.......should have kept going......another one taken......

Wait for piggys........................wait for piggys...................wait for piggys....................this goes on for another hour........................Ohhh..theres a pigeon.......... and hes not stopping......

Hippety, hoppety.............out in the rape field...I can see its ears.......bounce bounce.........No clear shot, hes covered by the rape......boing boing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whats he doing talking to that decoy........

Boing, hop, boing......can I squeze a .22 through that gap in the rape......phhhffuuttt....

And its another one...........

Wait for piggys.....................wait fr piggys..................wait for piggys..................this goes on for another hour.............

Got to get home to look after mini me...................guess what,,,,,no piggys........however my decoy pattern is FANTASTIC for bringing in rabbits.........

Was the same again today......but this time I was up for 4am........2 more bunnies.....no pigeons...........gaurantee they will be on the field later this evening when I cant get over there......

:yes::good::sly::sly: :yp: best read all week (sorry)

your day will come :rolleyes: