HOW WELL DID WE SHOOT TODAY 2012 EDITION

100milesaway

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a full on weekend of shooting for once starting with the Members Comp at MCSC on Saturday. Great course with plenty of testing targets; put in an 84 (85 with handicap) which i thought was alright until i bumped into Linda and Davd Grayson in the Clubhouse; Dave had shot a 90 (94 + handicap). Well shot Dave

Then made full use of my day pass yesterday and shot the registereds at Kegworth and Orston with Chard and Timps and a couple of other PWers. Been hearing a lot of good things about Kegworths targets of late, and they didn't disappoint with plenty of well thought out targets on offer. Met up with Iggy there so the four of us ambled round together. Started off okay with 1 away after three stands, but then a couple of sloppy errors in concentration on a handful of stands deprived me of more targets than they should of. Had a ref coach me halfway through shooting the penultimate stand which distracted me sufficiently enough to make a hash of the last stand finishing on a lack lustre 73. Still plenty of positives to take out of the mornings shoot and it still beats the heck out of working any day

Off to Orston to meet up with Anni and Azzurri and it was clear from the outset that we were in for another testing course Typical Orston targets featuring fast rabbits, close simmo pairs, a distant teal (full use of gun) as well as the usual miz of loopers, battues and crossers made for a great shoot. Finished on a steady 75 with no major disasters and pleased with how i shot overall. Good day out with good company; just what shooting should be about :yes::good:

Edited by Nicky T

Had a full on weekend of shooting for once starting with the Members Comp at MCSC on Saturday. Great course with plenty of testing targets; put in an 84 (85 with handicap) which i thought was alright until i bumped into Linda and Davd Grayson in the Clubhouse; Dave had shot a 90 (94 + handicap). Well shot Dave

Then made full use of my day pass yesterday and shot the registereds at Kegworth and Orston with Chard and Timps and a couple of other PWers. Been hearing a lot of good things about Kegworths targets of late, and they didn't disappoint with plenty of well thought out targets on offer. Met up with Iggy there so the four of us ambled round together. Started off okay with 1 away after three stands, but then a couple of sloppy errors in concentration on a handful of stands deprived me of more targets than they should of. Had a ref coach me halfway through shooting the penultimate stand which distracted me sufficiently enough to make a hash of the last stand finishing on a lack lustre 73. Still plenty of positives to take out of the mornings shoot and it still beats the heck out of working any day

Off to Orston to meet up with Anni and Azzurri and it was clear from the outset that we were in for another testing course Typical Orston targets featuring fast rabbits, close simmo pairs, a distant teal (full use of gun) as well as the usual miz of loopers, battues and crossers made for a great shoot. Finished on a steady 75 with no major disasters and pleased with how i shot overall. Good day out with good company; just what shooting should be about :yes::good:

Just a little ticked off I missed the Keg and Orston thingies :angry: especially the part when Chard fell over :lol: . Text updates from Timps were most amusing :lol: :lol:

Just a little ticked off I missed the Keg and Orston thingies :angry: especially the part when Chard fell over :lol: . Text updates from Timps were most amusing :lol: :lol:

I could have been mortally injured and broke my ******* neck. Everybody just started falling about laughing :o :o :o

Cornholing bellends <_<

I could have been mortally injured and broke my ******* neck. Everybody just started falling about laughing :o :o :o

Cornholing bellends <_<

Hey I held your arm and made sure you did not slip walking to the clubhouse at Orston...... The fact you nearly did slip again and nearly fell over when you stood in the puddle was irrelevant. <_<

shot OT for the first time finished with an 82 in difficult light so not too bad ! but it's bloody hard work and a long day. chard can you do it again for us that didn't see it :lol:

That's a good score for the first time :good:

I went to Rugby to shoot UT and struggled to a lowly 86 :/

30 ex 50 at Marne today. This is what happens when you don't keep up your practice sessions, as i have only shot twice since November, i can only blame myself, my arms were tired and felt heavy and the targets were really good so i need to take a long look in the mirror and slap hands and face.I am obviously suffering from muscle fatigue so dry mounting at home to get the muscle memory back methinks. :good: from Auntie.

Edited by 100milesaway

30 ex 50 at Marne today. This is what happens when you don't keep up your practice sessions, as i have only shot twice since November, i can only blame myself, my arms were tired and felt heavy and the targets were really good so i need to take a long look in the mirror and slap hands and face.I am obviously suffering from muscle fatigue so dry mounting at home to get the muscle memory back methinks. :good: from Auntie.

Nice to see you back shooting yesterday Auntie. I'm sure you will soon be back on top form and showing the way and offering advice to the rest of the shooters.

Had 108 entries yesterday at Marne so it was a good turnout. 43/50 was highgun on the day so it was a bit testing. Didn't get chance to have a go myself due to the numbers who turned up :hmm: Can't complain though.

Went down to MCSC this afternoon to put in some practice and try a few things out. Whilst i was down there i got to try out a good selection of Victory Cartridges (thanks Mr B :yp:) including Challengers, Sporters and their 24g Compaks - all impressive and definitely considering using Victorys when i'm out of Eleys :yes: