HOW WELL DID WE SHOOT TODAY 2012 EDITION

100milesaway

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No I have had 2 high guns actually and a mention in Pull and clay sporting and my picture in this months as well. I am a real media star it must be a pleasure to know me.

Skeet is not a real sport anyway and I got 3rd overall that day as well. <_<:)

.........true story .......

Edited by timps

did i ever tell you how many friends i have on facebook....? Or how many baseball hats from varying shooting related manufacturers? Im practically the David Beckham of the clay shooting world.... ;-)

Chard is practically the David Blunkett of the shooting world :P......................True story :yes:

did i ever tell you how many friends i have on facebook....? Or how many baseball hats from varying shooting related manufacturers? Im practically the David Beckham of the clay shooting world.... ;-)

I think the number of friends on Facebook is a very good indication.

I also think baseball hats are imperative for a good media career, however, I do think the old style big floppy hat makes you a stud in the shooting world, the sillier the better.

Talking about oneself in the third person, with descriptions about ones distinguished career in the scouts and just how great one is at big game hunting is also a requirement.

Someone as modest as myself does struggle, it reminds me of the time I.............

Cheshire Shield today for myself and a fair few other PWers :yes: as usual Tom and his staff at Hodnet put on a corker of a course over 14 stands featuring everything from driven minis, high crossing midis and standards thrown in every imaginable combination. IMHO you wouldn't have wanted to shoot a fixed choke gun there today as most seemed to be twiddling between stands. I finished up on 92 claiming guest High Gun, winning a box of 25 carts off Son of Potter in our Beretta vs Browning challenge as well as contributing to the Clay Crunchers guest team, who won the team event and getting a cheeky prize in the raffle. Not too shabby :big_boss:

Apologies for not remembering an of the other scores apart from Chards winning performance on the pool shoot netting him £60. Well shot Rich :good:

Great shooting Nick :good:

I got 81 in the shoot, only really started coming good at the end, straighted the last 3 stands I shot.

Before that, I was quite careless.

Chuffed with the pool shoot though, because it was a bitch :sly:

9 out of 10 and £60 in the skyrocket.....'ave it!!!!!! :P

I went round with Simon, who is apparently on here somewhere. Nice bloke and a good steady 72 today, which doesn't really do his shooting credit. I think the queuing got to you today chap. :good: Good going round with you.

Cheshire Shield today for myself and a fair few other PWers :yes: as usual Tom and his staff at Hodnet put on a corker of a course over 14 stands featuring everything from driven minis, high crossing midis and standards thrown in every imaginable combination. IMHO you wouldn't have wanted to shoot a fixed choke gun there today as most seemed to be twiddling between stands. I finished up on 92 claiming guest High Gun, winning a box of 25 carts off Son of Potter in our Beretta vs Browning challenge as well as contributing to the Clay Crunchers guest team, who won the team event and getting a cheeky prize in the raffle. Not too shabby :big_boss:

Apologies for not remembering an of the other scores apart from Chards winning performance on the pool shoot netting him £60. Well shot Rich :good:

Excellent effort Nick :good: ...Shame you're not shooting the masters but I guess some things are more important :lol:

Potter Jnr :angry: We need words :sly:

Well shot El Magnifico :good: .Looks like you've carried on the form from Catton :yes: Let's hope you can carry it through to the masters so I can bask in reflected glory :lol: :lol:

Based on my round at Worsley with Timps yesterday, I'll not be troubling the prize fund :no:

Very good shoot today, brilliant weather, nice to see so many PW'ers out shooting especially that very nice man from Essex via Worsley, what a charming man, he even offered to fill the pot holes in for me, so I guess I will just have to trek North for a Masterclass.Well shot Nicky, Chard & The Potter twins.

Well shot Nicky and Chard -- When I saw Chard and Simon at rabbit stand that turned out to be my best stand 5x6 -- the rest of my shooting very firmly put me back into the class below C class. My second ever worse score at Hodnet.

Looking back at it with a clear mind now - My slide down hill started at stand Sloppian was marking on. :yes: :yes:

Dave :oops:

I've got the Cheshire Police Shield results from Hodnet if anybody wants them.

I can't put them up here because they're emailed to me in Excel format and I don't know how to get them on here.

Timps knows how to do it, because he's a geek bellend. :P

PM me your email address if you want a copy. :good:

Low-scoring comp, which makes NickyT's performance all the more commendable :good:

Well shot Nick. :yes:

Edited by Chard

Trip to Shuggy today in the glorious sunshine, t'was a bit parky early doors but it soon warmed up.

The shoot was split over 14 stands today as opposed to the usual 12 with a good mix of 3 and 4 pair stands. I don't know if this is the influence of the new owners but it was certainly a nice and welcome improvement in my opinion. I finished up on a 74, so quite pleased overall.

Claybuster finished on a 90 from memory, but Graham put in a cracking 94 with his new DT11.........think I might get one :rolleyes:

How did we all do today???

Iggy.

Visited Marne Barracks today for a very enjoyable 5o birder.i was joint high gun when I left on 41/50, but i think that could get pipped.Good news that Tony has got his lost dog Bud back after it went missing (let out by the builders)Unfortunatly it had been run over and took a nasty knock on the head and a badly gashed leg. Tony was very fortunate to find him laying injured under a hedge in a farmers field.hope he mends good. from Auntie.