HOW WELL DID WE SHOOT TODAY 2012 EDITION

100milesaway

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shuggy today - Got to stand 10 having only dropped 4 total and dropped 4 on there :blush: - lost the will to live and finished on an 80 :no:

Mind you it was nice to see a little more variety though :good:

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave, it was nice to meet you again yesterday and I agree with you about the 14 stands giving a better layout & shorter waiting time at stands. There's plenty of work going on at shuggy & I think there was around 150 entries yesterday. :good::good:

And he says I'm a mad driver :o :o :o

You are, I drove past that John Deere without indecent, the same would not have been said about you. <_<

and you were both safe, the way I shot that last stand I was never going to hit anything anyway. :hmm:

I'm booked on for the British on the Sat, but will try to feature sooner if poss. from Yer Auntie. :good:

I intend getting over there a couple more times before the British, along with Chimps and Tard :good:

Might be worth a Lupton re-run as well now the weather is picking up :rolleyes:

Let us know if you're heading out Auntie :good:

Shot the Catton 100 today in the miserable fine rain that soaks you through!

Some nice targets and overall I am really chuffed to have ended up with an 80. First time in the 80s !!!

Saw Roman, Maxus, IanE and Mr Potter all looking soaked but having a good time. Nice to see you all again.

Cheers

Peter

Went back to Kingsley on Sunday in an attempt to excorcise the demons of my miserable 48 there a few weeks ago.

It was drizzling all morning (the stuff hat gets you wet!?) and it was packed as there was a Derby/ Staffs selection shoot on or something, but I kept my head down and finished on a 74 which is my best ever at KM and matches my best score. I 'think' I may be starting to get the feel for the place now (famous last words) at long last.

What is strange though is that I seem to have hit a wall at 74........I can score less no problem, but I've put in a few 74's now but no higher.....weird.

Maybe I need a new gun, or shells, or chokes....or vest or hat or something :hmm:

Went back to Kingsley on Sunday in an attempt to excorcise the demons of my miserable 48 there a few weeks ago.

It was drizzling all morning (the stuff hat gets you wet!?) and it was packed as there was a Derby/ Staffs selection shoot on or something, but I kept my head down and finished on a 74 which is my best ever at KM and matches my best score. I 'think' I may be starting to get the feel for the place now (famous last words) at long last.

What is strange though is that I seem to have hit a wall at 74........I can score less no problem, but I've put in a few 74's now but no higher.....weird.

Maybe I need a new gun, or shells, or chokes....or vest or hat or something :hmm:

Well done chap :good:

You don't need any of those things. Just keep plugging away. You'll probably find you improve in steps. You'll shoot the same for what seems like ages, then you'll suddenly improve, then it'll level out again and so on....

You'll probably also find that your Kingsley performance will be better now, as you've got a more positive outlook on the place. I'm a bit like that with Doveridge, can't seem to get going there and until I can think differently about my performance there, it is unlikely to improve :rolleyes:

Edited by Chard

Well done chap :good:

You don't need any of those things. Just keep plugging away. You'll probably find you improve in steps. You'll shoot the same for what seems like ages, then you'll suddenly improve, then it'll level out again and so on....

You'll probably also find that your Kingsley performance will be better now, as you've got a more positive outlook on the place. I'm a bit like that with Doveridge, can't seem to get going there and until I can think differently about my performance there, it is unlikely to improve :rolleyes:

Thanks Rich, much appreciated :good:

Funny you should say that but thinking back over the last couple of years, year 1 went from low 50s to low/mid 60s and then over the last year (since taking it more seriously) I've sneaked up to low/mid 70s.

Like you say, so much of this game is in your head so I'm going to do my best to remain positive about the place from now on.

Well shot indeed Ian :good: A wise clay shooter once told me "you might be an alright shot in 6 years or so" :lol:, so don't underestimate the substantial progress that you've made already ;)

Cheers Nick, you're support and encouragement is always appreciated :good:

Good advice.....I seem to remember being told that myself last year....wonder who it was...... ;)

All the best,

get another gun! ;-)

well shot mate

Cheers Ed.

I made a conscious effort to slow myself down after what you said a few weeks back and it seems to be paying off :good:

I almost used the Krieghoff you gave me but I'm still not strong enough to pick it up :o