• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

shot my 5th ever round of clays yesterday, 100 sporting

sad to say its probably my last round, had enough. :(

5 rounds shot across 3 different grounds, over the last 2 years, 47 47 47 47 47

got a shoulder that hurts so bad I couldnt lift my cuppa at the end of the shoot, and a face that feels like frank bruno just left hooked me LOL

nothing but admiration and envy for you good shooters, but its just not clicking for me

Are you being serious? Quitting because you're not improving, after 5 rounds in 2 years? 47 isn't the end if the world! You just need more practice. If your face and shoulder are hurting then you've probably got something wrong with your gun mount. Get some skeet shot - that'll sort you out!

Something is not right there . Don't give up. Book yourself in with a good coach. Go onto the CPSA site and click onto coaches in your area. Failing that the BASC site have something similar.In the back of all the shooting mags are ads for coaches and i do know that Carl Bloxham has good contacts in all areas and would come to you, as would our very own Beretta on here. DONT' give up. You can bet it will be something dead simple for an instant fix.. from Auntie. :yes:

Edited by 100milesaway

thanks, just spoke with local clay ground, 1 hour isnt cheap, but perhaps it might pay to at least see if my problem is very simple to solve and make the days more enjoyable for me.

also suggested trying 21g cartridges

I spent weeks looking forward to yesterday, took a days holiday, drove miles in the pouring rain, trudged round in the rain, but after stand 6 I just wanted to go home.

I dont have visions of grandeur, I know that I couldnt afford to shoot regularly enough to get up with the good blokes, but if I could go to a ground and hit 60-65 I would at least feel a bit better.

yeah know what you mean about the weather yesterday it was dreadfull at Blackpool clayground i did 50 hitting prob about 30 before i thought sod it an went back to warmth of the log burner and a brew, i have been shooting for just over a year now and it takes time i am hitting 50 maybe 60 on a good day, i am lucky with working ont he rigs i get plenty of time off to go out shooting mid week when its a bit quieter i probably shoot 200-300 a week when i am home on leave, just remember there no instructor in the universe that can turn you into george digweed within a few lessons takes years of practice an 1000's of carts to get to his level :good:

a lot of the time i dont even keep a score card i just shoot for fun and not let the card ruin my day

yeah know what you mean about the weather yesterday it was dreadfull at Blackpool clayground i did 50 hitting prob about 30 before i thought sod it an went back to warmth of the log burner and a brew, i have been shooting for just over a year now and it takes time i am hitting 50 maybe 60 on a good day, i am lucky with working ont he rigs i get plenty of time off to go out shooting mid week when its a bit quieter i probably shoot 200-300 a week when i am home on leave, just remember there no instructor in the universe that can turn you into george digweed within a few lessons takes years of practice an 1000's of carts to get to his level :good:

a lot of the time i dont even keep a score card i just shoot for fun and not let the card ruin my day

thats the best bit of advice i have read on PW for a long time :good:

shot the NOE skeet championship at rufforth today with azuurri, paulos and a couple of mates. the weather was WET to say the least raining and blowing when we started and didn't let up all day in fact got worse ! rain on the outside and inside of your glasses umbrellas blown inside out etc. i finished on 83 my worst skeet score ever paulos finished on 91 i think a good score in the conditions. had a great day good bacon sarney plenty of tea and a good laugh with friends :good: cheers lads !

Shot the charity shoot today at Aske Hall near Richmond, Paul Foster won on a 40 (ithink) I only managed a 26 but it was enough to get me in the for the ladies prize after a shoot off which i only managed to win by one clay. A delightful setting and lots of hard work from all the oganisers.A very pleasent day with plenty of warm sunshine. from Auntie. :yes:

Shot the charity shoot today at Aske Hall near Richmond, Paul Foster won on a 40 (ithink) I only managed a 26 but it was enough to get me in the for the ladies prize after a shoot off which i only managed to win by one clay. A delightful setting and lots of hard work from all the oganisers.A very pleasent day with plenty of warm sunshine. from Auntie. :yes:

Well done today auntie, held your nerve in the shoot off :good: Paul Foster won it with a 35/40 after another shoot off.

There was about 200 entries on the open shoot and about 50 entries on the flush so lots of money made for a worthwhile charity.

Thanks to all who helped make it run so smothly today :good: :good:

Well Azurri, chard, canthitathing and I went to Catton Hall for the PW pogo-stick challenge in our quest for readiness before the Benelli Auto shoot.

An enjoyable course but certainly not the hardest one I have seen there.

It did start out with a bit of intrepidation as there was only 3 semi autos and four shooters and none of us were overly confident of getting decent scores due to not shooting semis for a while.

We did meet up with a few other PW regulars but they were fearful of our converted semi ways.

The scores on the door were..

Azurri 89

Chard 89

Timps 86

Canthitathing 85...84..... 83..... 82..... we are not too sure due his inability to add up his own score card correctly after the Essex masters, he tells us a score which is one over what he actually gets (true story) so I think it was an actual 84..... :P

PS Chard now wants a 28” Beretta Teknys :o

Well Azurri, chard, canthitathing and I went to Catton Hall for the PW pogo-stick challenge in our quest for readiness before the Benelli Auto shoot.

It did start out with a bit of intrepidation as there was only 3 semi autos and four shooters and none of us were overly confident of getting decent scores due to not shooting semis for a while.

We did meet up with a few other PW regulars but they were fearful of our converted semi ways.

Azurri 89

Chard 89

Timps 86

Canthitathing 85...84..... 83..... 82..... we are not too sure due his inability to add up his own score card correctly after the Essex masters, he tells us a score which is one over what he actually gets (true story) so I think it was an actual 84..... :P

Silly photos..... :P

Azurri 89

Chard 89

Timps 86

*trepidation :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Chard

Azurri 89

Chard 89

Timps 86

PS Chard now wants a 28 Beretta Teknys :o

Good laugh as usual :yes: and it WAS 84......... I think :hmm:

Edited by canthitathing