HOW WELL DID WE SHOOT TODAY 2012 EDITION

100milesaway

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kingsly for me and Roman, 79 for Roman 76 for me, I dropped 7 birds on stand 4 otherwise I didn't shoot to bad, Roman was likewise apart from dropping some really easy bin lids, still can't figure out if we were shooting well'ish or it was an easy course..

Roman was well into the money in C class and I may of piped a 3rd in B, time will tell..

Edited by Ian E

Shot 75 at worsley which should win the a class but it would appear they have lost my card!

Was that with your handicap ????, i shot the coure yesterday, carded 85 ( not bad considering im not a high volume shooter like you guys) & was gleefully deducted 10 of my score !!!!!, is this a northern thing or what ???, ive shot competitions all over the world and never had this done before......

atleast **** turpin wore a mask when he robbed people !!! & when im gonna be ******, i like to be kissed first !!!

Still i will get my revenge, i will just make it even more difficult next time....LOL

'Valeting' might be a slightly grandiose term for 'switching the hoover on and grumbling that I'm not out shooting'. <_<

'Out shooting' might be a slightly grandiose term for 'you turning up, not finishing and us grumbling about the state of your pizza encrusted face'. <_<

I shot the members comp at MCSC on Saturday with a whisky fuelled hangover, because of said hangover did not bother to enter the comp but would have won AA class if I had :blush: ..... Shot Orston on Sunday without a Hangover and just dropped too many clays on each stand...

Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend good targets and weather but maybe I need to be hungover to shoot well :hmm::blush:

Iggy if it's any consolation I shot a 53 at KM last January and was pretty much ready to sell up.

Stick at it with KM, you get a good mixture of targets for all levels, it will improve your shooting as there aren't many places you can shoot into that type of valley.

Jeez, I was biblically *****.

Ive either got to crack KM or stop going alltogether before the place saps whats left of my self belief :no:

Basically as what's already been said Ian. You'll have an off day or sometimes a layout just doesn't suit you. I shot a 53 at Rufforth and was utterly gutted. It bent my confidence for a couple of weeks , but got it back on track. I never seem to shoot well at Rufforth.

Forget about it and plough on.....

The more you convince yourself that you never shoot well at a ground the more frequently poor performances will occur. It's a self fulfilling prophesy.

They are only clays, the difference between Kingsley and your local ground is you turn up to one expecting to shoot badly so you do. Approach it for what it is, another 100 targets and tackle them a pair at a time.

Thanks very much for the words of support chaps, it's much appreciated :good: :good:

I think you are all right in what you say, I've struggled every time (bar once) I've shot at KM and I go expecting to do badly, so I do and even though it feels like a bogey ground I do feel compelled to keep going as I want to master it eventually/somehow.

I've not been at this game long so perhaps I'm just being impatient, as you say I need to put this behind me and plough on.

Thanks again for the support and advice, some good points to work on there :good:

Iggy

Done my first round of skeet today with me old man (usually shoot sporting), managed to draw with him (13/25) i was getting a lot better after each stand as my dad was coaching me all the way round. he used to be able to shoot 25 straight... FROM THE HIP! but unfortunately he now has MS so cant shoot aswell as he could but he still knows how to do it so helps me out and all these little tips really improve my shooting

Edited by Gizza22196

2nd part of the Kent selection for me today shot a 92 which overall 170/200 as I ******** up the first one at greenfields. Never mind I'll try again next year...

Apologies didn't know that word would be filtered.

Edited by louis682

2nd part of the Kent selection for me today shot a 92 which overall 170/200 as I ******** up the first one at greenfields. Never mind I'll try again next year...

Apologies didn't know that word would be filtered.

Well shot matey, I managed to split GD and Jamie Brightman with a 96 but nocando selecty anyway as I missed the other shoot :/ .

I'd like to thank the Abbey people here for charging £30 for this 100 birder including prizes :) , hard to see how they can put on 12 stands and keep the money reasonable yet other places charge £35 minimum even for non-registered, often with only 10 stands and payout krapp money too unless you win HG outright.

Went to Shuggy today in an attempt to excorcise last weeks KM demons and shot a 71.

Not earth shattering I know, but ok for me and Im happy again at least.

Hope everyone enjoyed their shooting today and the weather was kind to them :good:

Iggy

82 for me at Doveridge, left 4 or 5 out there sadly :( else I could of piped a 1st in B

Roman 71 nice shooting and a poor 68 from Maxus, who had it in his head that he doesn't shoot Doveridge well.. :no: the fact that he hardly dropped a bird over the last 6 stands proves otherwise..

How did the Timps & Chard get on ?

Edited by Ian E

Well shot matey, I managed to split GD and Jamie Brightman with a 96 but nocando selecty anyway as I missed the other shoot :/ .

I'd like to thank the Abbey people here for charging £30 for this 100 birder including prizes :) , hard to see how they can put on 12 stands and keep the money reasonable yet other places charge £35 minimum even for non-registered, often with only 10 stands and payout krapp money too unless you win HG outright.

Well shot mate that's impressive shame you missed the greenfields one! You are correct in your statement for entry It was very reasonable and I too would like to pass on my thanks.