Great service from Barbour

huffhuff

I bought a Barbour Dunmoor fleece about 4 years ago. Over this winter the pocket started to come away at the seam (overloaded with carts I imagine). First of all I checked the website for warranty periods - it was only a year from purchase. So, I thought I'd email them and ask if they have any authorised repair service. They replied the same day with a no, but that they would send a freepost bag out and get it checked by the factory. They just emailed saying they will cover the fault and I can choose another jacket up to the same price. I went for the same one although it is slightly redesigned.

What a great service. That is why I have another 4 jackets form Barbour! Quality service and a quality product. You gets what you pays for!

huffhuff-a-roo

Very interesting.

I have the same coat, with the same problem!

Do you have the email address you used?

Is it on the corner of the pocket? Where the pocket joins the main body of the jacket?

I emailed customer.services@barbour.com and then a lady called Angie replied with the info.

Good luck...

I got confirmation of despatch today. I could have spent up to the value of the jacket on any barbour product. But, their fleece stuff is somewhat lacking so stuck with the dunmoor - although the new redesigned one.

Still, great service.

I'm sure they'll come up trumps for you Gary (if not, I'll give you email address of the lady dealing with mine).

A brand new one turned up in the post today.

Cracking.The redesign is much better. It's now waterproof and has hand warmer pockets along with more alacantara.

Cannot recommend Barbour enough. i know you pay a bit more on the outset...but they are bloody good, quality products.

Ben

Not sure how old yours is.

This new one has hand-warmer pockets, waterproof lining, alacantara patches on shoulders and collar. My original just had front pockets. I think the colour is slightly different too.

Not sure how old yours is.

This new one has hand-warmer pockets, waterproof lining, alacantara patches on shoulders and collar. My original just had front pockets. I think the colour is slightly different too.

I think you should hear about the problems I have had with Barbour.

I bought a Barbour Beaufort wax jacket 25 years ago. I wore it nearly everyday during autumn, winter & spring for three years and eventually it got a few tears in the sleeves and a patch pocket started to come away. I telephoned customer services and they sent a prepaid bag to return it in. About two weeks later it came back, two new sleeves, two new pockets, new zip, new storm flap. It looked awful, just like a patchwork carpet, I felt like a clown wearing it. But I persevered and have continued to wear it every morning to take my dogs exercising and about thirty days a year shooting in the season for the last 22 years.

Now about my grievance.

Do you know, not once have Barbour wrote to me or emailed me to try and sell me any new products or checked to see if my Beaufort is all right.

What makes things worse is my wife keeps wearing it for gardening.

Do you think I should complain and try and get a free one for my wife?

I will never ever buy a new jacket from Barbour again. Because I don't need to.

Buy Barbour, Buy British, But The Best.

Salopian

They have a wide selection - tweed, fleece, synthetic...and wax. What 'country stuff' in particular?

I use my fleece throughout the year for anything I do outdoors; http://www.barbourbymail.co.uk/Mens-Barbour-Dunmoor-Fleece-Jacket-2011.html

I have a waterproof similar to this (think they have stopped the exact model). It's lightweight and can take a fleece zipped to it; http://www.barbourbymail.co.uk/Barbour-New-Crossfell-Jacket.html

I have this for the more casual affair; http://www.barbour.com/mens-clothing/jackets-coats/quilted/lifestyle-mens/chelsea-sportsquilt

I don't believe it.

I have just had an email from Barbour Customer services.

They have read my post above, and have said if I am unhappy with the repair they will send me a prepaid envelope to send it back for repair. Not bad service for a 25 year old jacket. :) :) :)

If your being serious, then well done Barbour :yes: with that kind of service I will definitely buy again :good: