Browning Maxus sporting Ammo Help

N1ck8

Hi I have been using some Gamebore Super Steel 32g 70mm 4shot cartridges in my old £60 S/S to shoot some pigeons as i was given a few boxes by a friend.

Can anyone tell me if im safe to use these in my Browning Maxus sporting with a 1/4 choke which the gun came with..?

I have to say these cartridges are great at dropping birds out the sky :yes: and would love to be able to use them in the semi auto.

And they are cheap :yes:

Thanks

Edited by N1ck8

Hi I have been using some Gamebore Super Steel 32g 70mm 4shot cartridges in my old £60 S/S to shoot some pigeons as i was given a few boxes by a friend.

Can anyone tell me if im safe to use these in my Browning Maxus sporting with a 1/4 choke which the gun came with..?

I have to say these cartridges are great at dropping birds out the sky :yes: and would love to be able to use them in the semi auto.

Thanks

Any help please?

Thanks

used a lot of steel through my maxus,no probs,just stick to 1/4 or 1/2 choke

As mentionned earlier: I'd be more worried in using the gamebore steel cartridges in the old gun. If these are the same as I use -gamebore super steel in no. 3,4&5- them they are suitable for newer guns proofed for minimum of 1370bar. I shoot these all the time from an old browning gold semi auto. I like to shoot steel from à 1/2choked barrel -this is about full choke for steel, as steel patterns much tighter in comparrison with lead.