manual pigeon flapper plans wanted

are these any good?

the red bit is the elastic band that brings the arms back in (the elastic is broken in the pic)

edit - little tip - it works very well with fishing braid (strong, thin and no stretch)

i used it a couple of times before realising that an electronic flapper would be better :good:

post-9454-0-81145100-1329912318.jpg

post-9454-0-46580700-1329912358.jpg

Edited by pegasus bridge

I have used one very similar to this for the past 30 years and have had great success with it,my best day over beans using it was 150, pros and cons ! its light ,cheap,simple to set up and use and you can select when to flap the wings ---- you have to use a bit of field craft and study a pigeon when it comes in to your decoys and copy its landing flight,dont use rubber bands on the wing arms they'll break when you are 20 minutes into a good day.I have substituted 2 small springs instead (have so far replaced once in 30 years), use brickies line as pull cord but dont use the polyprop'one as they stretch like mad when you pull the wings,look for the braided/nylon ones ,all said now I'm no longer 30 (I wish) I have had to cut down weight carried across ploughed fields so this makes a good alternative to magnets and batteries ,my opinion for what its worth,and have pic and will take measurements if you want to have a go at making your own,good shooting Terry

are these any good?

the red bit is the elastic band that brings the arms back in (the elastic is broken in the pic)

edit - little tip - it works very well with fishing braid (strong, thin and no stretch)

i used it a couple of times before realising that an electronic flapper would be better :good:

post-9454-0-81145100-1329912318.jpg

post-9454-0-46580700-1329912358.jpg

hi pegasus bridge

thanks very much for the reply. the pictures will help me immensly.

thanks again

matthew