Another phone call

pigeon controller

I was mucking out my daughters horse this morning as she has gone into hospital to have her baby when my phone went I aswered it and it was a farmer with pigeon problems when I said that I would be about two hours until I could get over to him his first reply was "I will call my other shooter " to which I said I WILL be there by eleven. When I arrived at the field there were about one hundred birds in the trees with no birds joining so I thought that I would only get about fifty. I was on my own a DB has to work . I started shooting at 11.00 and had 45 by 13.00 it then went realy slow and I ended the day with sixty two.

January2012018.jpg

I,ve been repeatedly asked to show my set up so today I tried to photograph the standard set up which is 12 fresh birds kept from previous day. two on the rotary, two fliers and eight stand ups the picture was taken after the first hour with twenty five decoys. I will add stand ups to a maximum of fifty. The more you put out the more they come.The wind was coming from the back of the hide on the tree. Remember, K.I.S.S Keep it Simple Stupid.

January2012017.jpg

Edited by pigeon controller

This might be a stupid question but when you add to the two separate groups of 4 deeks, do you still just leave an area in the middle? I have only used the typical horseshoe or a J or L shape but what situations do you try separate groups instead? Any help would be great, thanks

Tripod and self timer!

This might be a stupid question but when you add to the two separate groups of 4 deeks, do you still just leave an area in the middle? I have only used the typical horseshoe or a J or L shape but what situations do you try separate groups instead? Any help would be great, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

thank u again for the free info ,this obviously works bestest as you keep getting them varmints.u do a dvd/or book i think the whole forum would buy it .and if your hat was ever up 4 sale that would be one hell of an auction.that radar controlled hat is dynamite :lol: :lol: